Front Spring Dimensions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kal-El

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PAC Racing Springs® - Coil Over Spring

I can get my hands on a pair of these for real cheap. They're 14 inches tall, and rated at 300 lbs. Trouble is...the spring ID is 2.5 inches and I'm guessing that's too small. What's the ID of a stock spring supposed be? And is the 14 inch height correct? I'm still kinda new to the front suspension area. :shrug:

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Napaonline lists these specs for 2005 KJ coil springs (NCP 2773499):

Coil Spring Free Height 14.34"
Coil Spring I.D. 3.19"
Coil Spring Load Height 9"
Coil Spring Type 2 Tangential Ends
Design Load 1630
Spring Rate 305
Wire Diameter .56"

Jjmetal

Reaction score
Hi! this site is great.
talking about front suspension, I was sold a pair of springs and one was longer than the other. Parts guy said this was correct. Anybody else found this?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
PAC Racing Springs® - Coil Over Spring

I can get my hands on a pair of these for real cheap. They're 14 inches tall, and rated at 300 lbs. Trouble is...the spring ID is 2.5 inches and I'm guessing that's too small. What's the ID of a stock spring supposed be? And is the 14 inch height correct? I'm still kinda new to the front suspension area. :shrug:

Too small diameter, spring rate same as stock etc

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi! this site is great.
talking about front suspension, I was sold a pair of springs and one was longer than the other. Parts guy said this was correct. Anybody else found this?

Um, nope. You were sold a mis-matched pair. They are supposed to be the same length.

Bob

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Napa lists a mistmatched pair too... NCP 2773502

Coil Spring Free Height Driver Side 14.04" / Pass. Side 14.8"
Coil Spring I.D. Driver Side 3.18" / Pass. Side 3.19"
Coil Spring Load Height Driver Side 9" / Pass. Side 9"
Coil Spring Type 2 Tangential Ends
Design Load Driver Side 1931 / Pass. Side 1770
Spring Rate Driver Side 383 / Pass. Side 305
Wire Diameter Driver Side .59" / Pass. Side .56"

ozone000

Reaction score
Huh...that's exactly the specs for the Moog that I've been pondering. Except as far as I know it's for both sides. The 383# is pretty telltale, I just called and asked about them today. I was surprised to find the Moog at such a high rate.

I found that on Rockauto for the '06 Limited. I'm trying to reveng your search, but it's not so easy on Napa, what model is 2773502 for?

Edit: Found it. 2002 RWD I4.

Weird.

Last edited:

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The driver's side is heavier on most vehicles. Maybe the aftermarket is trying to compensate for the extra weight.

ozone000

Reaction score
Maybe. I just looked up the '06 Limited version. Two different lengths but same rate. That explains why there are so many Moog options for the same vehicle as well. I wonder if these are factory rates or if, like you said, they came up with them on their own. The CRD version is 480 rather than 410 like most think.