Front Shackles?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbsoluteRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With those two definitions of "TOW" and "RECOVER" laid out, I can see you're EXACTLY right. I very much doubt I'd use the front shackles as "RECOVERY" points much the same as I don't currently use my front hooks for "RECOVERY". I find those points "soft" and as you mentioned in your reference to unibody points I think they're a great way to ruin the vehicle. I'd "TOW" from them but not "RECOVER". However I don't feel the same about the rear hitch (yeah, yeah, it's still a unibody through and through). I've used the hitch for towing AND recovery and will continue to do so as long as I feel I'm not stressing things too much which is basically just a judgment one has to make based on each situation.
Anyways today I looked for the hitch receivers as Gris has them done, and I think it might not be what I'm looking for so I might re-think it all together. I think I might do a "rear shelf/organizer" first. So many projects/ideas so little time :)

SO WAIT, YOU'RE ALL SAYING THE FRONT HOOKS AKA, TOW HOOKS ARENT RECOVERY POINTS, THEY'RE USED FOR TOWING HA HA, YOU'RE ALL LOONEY. AS FAR AS A REAR HITCH BEING A RECOVERY POINT, A FRONT HITCH WOULD WORK BETTER THEN EVEN HOOKS, AS IT FIRMS UP THE FRONT END, WHERE IF YOU'RE USING ONE HOOK IT COULD BEND AND WARP THE BODY.

AbsoluteRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Towing As In Like A Trailer Is Towing, Recoverying Is Pulling Something Out. Either Way, Take Your Time, Recovering Is Not Yanking.

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SO WAIT, YOU'RE ALL SAYING THE FRONT HOOKS AKA, TOW HOOKS ARENT RECOVERY POINTS, THEY'RE USED FOR TOWING HA HA, YOU'RE ALL LOONEY. AS FAR AS A REAR HITCH BEING A RECOVERY POINT, A FRONT HITCH WOULD WORK BETTER THEN EVEN HOOKS, AS IT FIRMS UP THE FRONT END, WHERE IF YOU'RE USING ONE HOOK IT COULD BEND AND WARP THE BODY.

I "know" im loony :D Your summary seems to put it all together nicely. Tho it sounds like my terminology may be off, either way sounds like we are all on the same page. /me shruggs.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
I was informed that something was going on in this thread. I just walked in, and about to eat dinner. so...until i read everything, and get everything straightened out. this thread is closed.

for those that are involved...go get some air or something.....

[edit] - moved posts in question off this thread...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.