Front passenger window stuck closed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AVR2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A while back my wife noticed that the front passenger window in our 2005 KJ Limited was stuck in the closed position. When you press the switch, you can hear the motor trying to work but the glass doesn't move.

We've lived with it but it's time to pull the door panel and see what's going on.
Since it's not the usual problem of the window falling into the door I'm guessing that it's not the plastic window bracket (I've already fixed both rear windows with the Steiger metal replacement bracket), but does anyone have any suggestions on disconnecting the window from the regulator with the window all the way up?

I guess I just have to do it blind and feel for the little metal clips, hoping that there's enough space to get my hands and some pliers in there?

markc

Reaction score
Are you sure it is not covered under extended warranty from Chrysler? I know 06-07 models are, having had mine fixed twice for free already, on a rear window.

Members online

No members online now.