Front hitch and hooks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RenKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does installing a front hitch require removing the front hooks on a Renegade?

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With a hitch you don't need hooks. Especially since hitch will distribute any load to both attach points.

Bob

RenKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Ya notice where my d ring is
But dont the hooks come out where the bar of the hitch is going past? My bumper is trimmed so having trouble seeing where the hooks would be there

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But dont the hooks come out where the bar of the hitch is going past? My bumper is trimmed so having trouble seeing where the hooks would be there
I'll get pictures for you in a minute.

RenKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll get pictures for you in a minute.
I appreciate it, someone is selling a curt hitch unused /unmounted in my area and I think i might pick it up for cheap instead of grabbing a kj backbone front end

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate it, someone is selling a curt hitch unused /unmounted in my area and I think i might pick it up for cheap instead of grabbing a kj backbone front end
Well if you want a winch this not the route to go.

RenKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if you want a winch this not the route to go.
Cant I just use a hitch mount winch plate? Im undecided on getting a winch and mostly just want super solid front recover points, i figured i could use a hitch mount winch plate and the hooks to double up my line if necessary

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cant I just use a hitch mount winch plate? Im undecided on getting a winch and mostly just want super solid front recover points, i figured i could use a hitch mount winch plate and the hooks to double up my line if necessary
It will hold a hitch but it's just not high enough off the ground.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Maybe fine for light straightline pulls but thats about it

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess ill have to go with a backbone, at least it will reinforce the front

eventually my backbone will be installed again, and I'll be welding on a 2" receiver opening. the plan is to put it where the license plate is and run a receiver plate mount.