Front end sag with Rusty's???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tylerlsch

Reaction score
Hi again & thanks very much to those who replied to my thread about differentials.

Another quick question - does anyone know about when my Rusty's lift will start to sag in the front?? I've read a few times that it happens after a while...I've had a Rusty's coil lift for about 21 months/20,000 miles and am wondering when I should think about replacing stuff (struts, shocks, front coils, etc.)??

I do take it on the trails so it has seen some good use. I also have noticed that it is softening up in the front both in ride and height lately...

Thanks in advance.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will know when your tires start rubbing like crazy. Or take some measurements every month in the same spot and parked in the same location.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You can not tell when, if anyone can get the lottery numbers from them also! A lot depends on types of roads/ weight you haul/ and all kinds of other things, just enjoy it now and you will know when its time to replace. I wouldnt worry about.

rdonn

Reaction score
Is it possible to add 3/4" poly spacers after front end sag begins? (without compromising CV angles)

Last edited:

jkl

Reaction score
you cannot add the poly spacers with the rusty's coil spring lift.

i tried.

the poly spacer will not fit, the front shocks are not long enough.
you will have the springs in such a compressed bind that you would blow the shocks out in a very short time.

my rusty's didnt start sagging until i put an arb on, then it went south quick.

you can put conduit washers on the front to raise it back up, or get ome hd's for a permanent lift.

myjeepwalks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the rusty's strut plates in. Seems to be holding up for now. I also have a 3 nut clevis lift.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My front rustys springs will be a year old this December and they are holding up great. Ive had them on a series offroad run around three-four times.

sgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here. Got my Rusty's kit early last year and so far so good. I don't "punish" mine all that much and have been very pleased with the performance both on and off-road.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know when but I do know that the only KJ I have seen with a rustys lift
sags like some 80 year old.....
just kiding
the guy who has it has about 10K more miles ,about the same # of wheelin trips as our KJ with OME stuff and it sags BAD
lower than ours and rubbing bad on 30 X 9.5's almost as low as stock in the front

I would just let it go
cut my looses
and replace with OME or a front Frankie

myjeepwalks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know when but I do know that the only KJ I have seen with a rustys lift
sags like some 80 year old.....
just kiding
the guy who has it has about 10K more miles ,about the same # of wheelin trips as our KJ with OME stuff and it sags BAD
lower than ours and rubbing bad on 30 X 9.5's almost as low as stock in the front

I would just let it go
cut my looses
and replace with OME or a front Frankie

You must of been looking at mine :D It started to sag before i ever took it wheelin. I have no sagging problems with the rear just the front. Gonna swap these front springs out probably in the spring for some ome med or hd's haven't decided yet..

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must of been looking at mine :D It started to sag before i ever took it wheelin. I have no sagging problems with the rear just the front. Gonna swap these front springs out probably in the spring for some ome med or hd's haven't decided yet..

I look at all the.....
springs

Go med. if you plan to keep the front "stock" if you plan on a bumper
rock rails ect. go HD

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got 1" more lift with the Rustys springs over the OME med front springs.

Tommud said he got the same amount of lift as a rustys lift with his OME HD springs.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Lift?

What the best lift out there for general purpose driving......not rock crawling ect.....?
I want ground clearance.....but drivability too:rolleyes:

Thanks

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What the best lift out there for general purpose driving......not rock crawling ect.....?
I want ground clearance.....but drivability too:rolleyes:

Thanks

Old Man Emu springs
with either their struts and shocks or Rancho struts and shock
hands down better ride over stock and will clear 245/75's