front end lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04renegade

Reaction score
What did all of you go with for your front end lift?* all i got was a crappy spacer..now i have a loud bang, tire rub, and my struts go out prematurely.* most of you probably have done some sort of lift..what have you gone with, and what works...? http://jeepinbyal.com/prod-Als_Upper_A_arms_for_02__07__lifted_Jeep_Liberty_s-2.aspx here is a site that sells a new UCA, thought that might be my solution, but i still would like to know what all of you have done...

Last edited:

04renegade

Reaction score
oh by the way i have a 3in rough country lift with the spacer in the front under the struts...

04renegade

Reaction score
so just the ome springs would fix the problem im having with the UCA hitting?

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to much lift with out the new UCA's
so really you need the UCA's to stop the bang but it will not cure the strut issue
to cure the strut issue you need to loose the spacer and get some springs

Now if you want to keep the higher lift you could go with a front Frankinlift
but you will need UCA's
really it is not much more than you already need
you need struts and UCA's and the springs will be there along with a little spacer

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
OME Heavy Duty springs, small clevis lift will get you 3 inches of lift. Easy to do and they work great, over 70,000 on my setup and not one problem I even have the ARB bumper hanging out front!

04renegade

Reaction score
OME Heavy Duty springs, small clevis lift will get you 3 inches of lift. Easy to do and they work great, over 70,000 on my setup and not one problem I even have the ARB bumper hanging out front!

I know on one of the sites i looked at they said do not get heavy duty springs if you are just running a stock jeep... heavy duty was for like a winch and a bumper.. is that the case or is it just a disclamer they have to say?

04renegade

Reaction score
ok i was thinking about using rancho 17505's with OME front coil springs (medium duty) and al's a arms.. what do you guys think? have any of you found any good sites to buy these at? i know boulderbars for the UCA's but what about the springs and struts? is there anything better for my jeep, i have a 3in lift already but i want to get rid of that spacer in the front and go with real suspension...

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'd go with Tom's advice. I'm running OME medium springs and a clevis, I got around 2.5". With HD springs you'd get more lift.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
you can go directly to JeepinbyAl and get the Upper control arms thats who makes them

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know on one of the sites i looked at they said do not get heavy duty springs if you are just running a stock jeep... heavy duty was for like a winch and a bumper.. is that the case or is it just a disclamer they have to say?

The "Frankinlift" comes standard with H.D. springs and I don't hear anyone complaining.