Front Drive Shaft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Liberty06SK

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

New to this site but have been on many other forms for my other vehicles. This being first jeep I have owned (just bought for wife) I have a question that hopefully you guys can answer.

We bought this 06 Jeep Liberty Sport off a friend and he didn't have time to put the front driveshaft back in place (front bearing went on it) he had the bearing and all to give me but when I go to install I don't see any markings he made before he took it out.

I don't want to install the shaft out of phase, is there a way to tell how's it suppose to go in from factory?

Thanks in advance for the help,

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

New to this site but have been on many other forms for my other vehicles. This being first jeep I have owned (just bought for wife) I have a question that hopefully you guys can answer.

We bought this 06 Jeep Liberty Sport off a friend and he didn't have time to put the front driveshaft back in place (front bearing went on it) he had the bearing and all to give me but when I go to install I don't see any markings he made before he took it out.

I don't want to install the shaft out of phase, is there a way to tell how's it suppose to go in from factory?

Thanks in advance for the help,

Don't worry about it. There is no specific way the front drive shaft is installed to retain balance like the rear drive shaft would have. Just line up the holes and go for it.

Did you replace the CV joint on the transfer case end of the shaft? If not, now would be a good time to closely inspect it so see what the boot looks like...

Welcome to the forum, by the way! (welcome)

Bob

Liberty06SK

Reaction score
Perfect thanks alot for the quick reply! I'll take a look at the other CV joint as well.

Thanks Again!