Front bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoltzKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My car was in what seems to be a pretty decent wreck and it looks like it has been custom fabricated to hold this McGuyver build together, I took it apart and under the plastic grill and bumper fascia I looked at the metal bumper frame and the area where you would put a tow hook on the driver side and it was not how it is supposed to be it was bent in different ways and that tow hook mount is not usable, is there any way to get this fixed to have the tow mount usable but also have the structural integrity it's meant to?

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pics would help.
But if it looks anything like this, a bodyshop is in order, to replace front crossmember.

Gyro

Attachments

• 100_0443.jpg
    100_0443.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 77

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
IDk at what point they would write it off, would like to see some photos.
Considering the current price of used replacement KJ's, it is getting more difficult to convince insurance companies to repair above a certain limit.
That's a good opportunity to also consider a steel bumper, for better future protection, if it is repairable.

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should get a steel bumper as a permanent fix. Ricky makes some badass bumpers, the only ones worth buying besides ARB.

HoltzKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should get a steel bumper as a permanent fix. Ricky makes some badass bumpers, the only ones worth buying besides ARB.

Pictures and prices possibly? This would be preferred over keeping stock arb is a bit too big for me

HoltzKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will try to get pictures of it with the bumper off but I had found this by simply looking at my tow hook area so we will see how bad the damage really is

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I will try to get pictures of it with the bumper off but I had found this by simply looking at my tow hook area so we will see how bad the damage really is ��

Need to pull the bumper and see whats going on, many times one will be hit with damage, but new bumper cover hides it all
We installed one ARB, won't mention whose it was ha ha but when we pulled the cover off it was a mess, had been hit and pried out enough to almost bolt everything back up. We had to do a lot of beating/ bending etc to mount the bumper up

HoltzKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need to pull the bumper and see whats going on, many times one will be hit with damage, but new bumper cover hides it all
We installed one ARB, won't mention whose it was ha ha but when we pulled the cover off it was a mess, had been hit and pried out enough to almost bolt everything back up. We had to do a lot of beating/ bending etc to mount the bumper up

Its all hidden under the stock bumper and doesnt look strange in any way so I think if I can just find a good looking bumper to slap on it this could fix the problem, besides that the car does good, besides those stock springs :thumbsdown::favorites68::favorites68:

HoltzKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I'd like the look of the ARB bumper more if you took the bull bar part off

Latest posts

Members online