Front bumper reinforcement help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepbrotha

Reaction score
So long story short I was in a bit of an accident and bent the front bumper reinforcement on my 05. I'm looking at replacing it but it looks like the dam thing is welded onto the frame. Is this the case?

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea the crossmember is welded onto the front of the uniframe. if the damage is cosmetic/minor i would leave it as is. once you cut that off to replace it you ruin the factory coating and rust will start around the welds on the new crossmember. so on to the next question: how bad is the damage? pics?

jeepbrotha

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
[/IMG]

You must be registered for see images attach

So this is it with the quarter panel and fender flare off

Last edited:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is where a body shop uses those fancy hydraulic body tools and pull stuff back into place and shape.

Lane

Reaction score
I have a 2006 with almost identical damage, same side. Daughter hit a tree. She took it to the shop and they guestimated about 5,000 to repair. The end of the bumper is bent in just far enough to where it contacts the tire on a full turn, otherwise I believe I could fit a new header panel and bumper cover back over it. If you take yours to the shop let me know what they charged to pull it out. If mine was pulled out just an inch I think it would be fine but I don't know how to do it

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had mine replaced about a month ago.
Roughly $1000.00 to replace and paint.

Gyro

Attachments

• 100_0443.jpg
    100_0443.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 40

MarkJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Park between two trees, chain it to the rear one, come-along to the front one to pull out.

SWilliams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That wouldn't be a bad pull.
DIY method is to remove the bumper cup. Take a chunk of 4X4, cut the end so it bottoms out on the support behind the bumper cup and fills the hole. Leave it long enough that it can be placed tight against a pole or tree. Attach a come along/port-a-power between the damaged area and the pole/tree, then GENTLY pull it back into shape. Use a dead blow or mallet to smooth out the bent parts. You will need to change hook points a few times to get things into place.