Front Brakes Pads = 911 ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok does anyone here work in service or parts at Chrysler?
I have discovered a potential real problem here by investigating my invoice of front brake work done.
Problem: I am being told by another dealer (parts) in Canada that the front brake pads that are installed in my Jeep are for a Caravan!!! :Nonono:
Part # V1013984AC (V= Value Line)
This was done by dealership before I bought Jeep, 7800 miles on brakes now, have history and invoice.
This seems to be confirmed by this link, V10103984AC is the second listing down on page 3.
http://site.factorymoparparts.com/pdf/brakes.pdf
I guess that explains why my front brakes are absolutely shit & let me guess, they are the el cheapo carbon fiber type material as well? (what ever u call it)
What was the OEM spec for an 04 KJ--Ceramic?
The part # I have for ceramic for my jeep should be V3016427 .
Since it is obviously time for real pads up front, If I'm pulling trailer, would semi-metallic not be a wiser choice? Current Rotors are Oem and turned once as per last invoice at 7800 miles.
What a cluster F this is!
I want nothing to do with the dealer I bought the jeep from as above and they are also the ones which spilt oil onto my steering rack bushings, causing me to have the rack bushings replaced as well :jawdrop:.
Some dealers simply should not be in business and this is one of them!
They could not diagnose the rear lower control arm bushings before recall and could not even solve the transmission pan leak, before I installed the PML aluminum trans pan! Totally incompetent!:word:
Any help or comments appreciated.

Last edited:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Caravan pads won't physically fit on a KJ so you can not have the incorrect pads.If you got the value line pads you have either organic or semi-metallic pads.The dealers high end pads are the ones that come stock on the vehicle from the factory and cost 3 times as much.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Well that is good news Troy! Thanks!
They must have entered a wrong part # then!
That still must mean as value pad they used, maybe organic (word I was looking for)
Can I look at pad and tell by shiny spots that they might even may be semi metallic or is there a part # on pads I can see?
The highest end pads must then be ceramic...

streetglideok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On aftermarket pads, there is a code printed on the side of the friction that identifies the material, hardness, etc. On Dealer pads, I can't say 100%