Front axle bush size smaller than the axle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yetiboy01

Reaction score
I'm replacing the left & right front axle bushes on my 2005 2.8crd Liberty & have run into a parts issue,
The right side bush/bearing is the correct size as supplied by jeep but the Left side the bush ID is 1mm larger than the right as it has a larger axle.
Standard bush 5066056AA Axle Shaft Bearings size is: ID 34.925mm / 1.375". My left size axle measures 35.925mm / 1.414"
Any ideas whats going on here & where can I get the correct bush for the larger axle?
As far as I can see all the parts lists only show 1 p/n for both left & right sides

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very odd, the parts book should the same bush in both sides too. The only thing I can suggest is take the bush and shaft to someone with a lathe and ask them to bore the bush to fit.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems more likely that the axle is out of spec if both bushings and one axle work. That's 3 of 4 that fit.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems more likely that the axle is out of spec if both bushings and one axle work. That's 3 of 4 that fit.
Possibly but it's bigger than standard so not worn, unless it's been sleeved or metal sprayed that's very odd. I believe the CRD has different length driveshafts to the V6 but it would be silly to change the bearing size my 1mm!
So any chance of a picture of the two shafts?

Members online

No members online now.