Front axels maxed out on JBA 3.5" lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok guys,
Here is the pics of my CV's one is the original and the shinny one is the one they installed yesterday. It seems to me that the angles of mine are the same as the rest of you so I don't think the suspension was the cause. also are the cv housing the axel goes into near the Diff. supposed to have play in them cause the one they replaced had a lot of play and the new one seems to be the same way but the noise is gone and the front end seems to be a little tighter.

Tomm- I re-measured
Front is @ 21.5" and Rear is @ 22.5"

sorry to sound ingnant but im not very knowledgeable on the mechanics of Jeeps yet.

The original still on the drivers side
You must be registered for see images attach

The new one installed on the Passenger side

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
sitting at 23.5 in front , rear ??? never measured well not lately. Excuse the dirt, hasn't been thoroughly cleaned since last trip down on the farm

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sitting at 23.5 in front , rear ??? never measured well not lately. Excuse the dirt, hasn't been thoroughly cleaned since last trip down on the farm

well from the looks of your CV angles mine should be just fine lol
I like the look of the JBA adjust-a-struts I need to save up for a pair of those :)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I always liked the ride of the OMEs and also the Ironman setup , thought both were the best ride I'd ever had in a 4 wheel drive.
But the adjust the struts are awesome, ride on the road is so smooth, you know the suspension is working its but off but its not disturbing you much at all. Old back roads down home ( dirt with potholes etc) they just go up/down/over them like nothing.
Following a 02-04 KJ across the PA Turnpike couple of weeks back, road is choppy and you could see it was riding like a rocking horse while mine just soaked up the bumps. They had to slow down due to being tossed around, but I sped up even more.

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always liked the ride of the OMEs and also the Ironman setup , thought both were the best ride I'd ever had in a 4 wheel drive.
But the adjust the struts are awesome, ride on the road is so smooth, you know the suspension is working its but off but its not disturbing you much at all. Old back roads down home ( dirt with potholes etc) they just go up/down/over them like nothing.
Following a 02-04 KJ across the PA Turnpike couple of weeks back, road is choppy and you could see it was riding like a rocking horse while mine just soaked up the bumps. They had to slow down due to being tossed around, but I sped up even more.

That's awesome Tom, I was able to get her out on the freeway this am and really see if the CV's were the issue. Yep they were the banging noise is gone the front feels tighter and it is smooth as silk now I am really loving this lift I just need to get her in the hills and dirt to see how it really handles