Free Recall Hitch question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris03kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For anyone whose gotten the hitch, how long did it take them to install it? I got turned away back in Illinois because mine was too "rusted" but now I'm in Florida where they see less rust so I'm going to try again. But I have to stay at the dealer...

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For anyone whose gotten the hitch, how long did it take them to install it? I got turned away back in Illinois because mine was too "rusted" but now I'm in Florida where they see less rust so I'm going to try again. But I have to stay at the dealer...
Maybe hour.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
About 40 minutes for mine. I was rust-free, though, so no re-tapping of the existing threaded holes was needed.

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This one prevented a fuel tank explosion!!!

You must be registered for see images

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dropped mine off at like 0800 and had the shuttle take me to work and then pick me up at work at 1700 just because I could :Big Laugh:

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couple hours I believe since I was walking in and out of the shop a few times it was in. The weld nuts had to be cleaned and tapped out since they were the only things underneath that have rusted.

k99jk99j

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't even get my dealer to schedule it. They keep saying no parts and we will put you on a "list" and call when the parts come in.

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call around if there are other dealers in the area. I kept checking in with the Jeep dealer down the street and kept getting the same answer. I called one on the south part of town and they said they had a couple DOZEN of them. Had it installed the next day.

k99jk99j

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call around if there are other dealers in the area. I kept checking in with the Jeep dealer down the street and kept getting the same answer. I called one on the south part of town and they said they had a couple DOZEN of them. Had it installed the next day.
thanks i will try!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I called this morning to take mine in so they write it off the list and was scheduled for Thursday. Service writer kept telling me they would have to install one since I didn't have one currently. Explained mine was built into the bumper and got " that is impossible"
So in I go so they can look at it and stop sending those postcards !!!!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Isn't taking it in more of a hassle than just tossing the recall notice in the trash?? :whip:

Been doing that 11 letters/postcards later I am tired of throwing them away. Cost me money to get rid of them :icon_lol:
Dealership is 5 minutes away so I'll drive in, tell them to look outside at me a**end and then leave:emotions34:

scdorosh

Reaction score
Just had the Recall completed on my 2007 Jeep Liberty. Here is the fun part of the story. Had my Jeep inspected Sept 2014 and they finally got the parts in at my local dealer... The thing is, I already had a hitch on my Jeep but they determined it was not approved. So, now I have a new class III hitch, have to spend money to get a new 7pin installed (they could not move the old one so just cut the wires), and I now have LESS fuel tank protection than my previous one provided.... The tank is completely open from the bottom where as my previous hitch had a full steel bar across below the bumper line. Anyone else have similar experience?

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll see if I can get them to just give me the hitch, if they don't like mine.
No way i'm letting them take it off, as my wiring bracket is welded to the hitch now.

plus removing and reinstalling those 6 bolts is a ***** and a half.