frankenlift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I was using the regular Frankenlift gasser parts but with 790 springs which are rated at 500 lb instead of the 927s which are 400 lb.
Yes the built in bumpstop does help some but it will still compress far enough to touch a Teraflex bumpstop. Of course I was on a steep downhill trail, going over cow paths that have been in that field for over 90 years so was quite a jar on each one. :Big Laugh:

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Hmmm ... I don't doubt you. But I also don't understand why they would pass up the opportunity to sell me something? Especially since they bundle teraflex stops for the rear with the Frankenlift :shrug:

mongo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to do it right ordering the premium kit, front teraflex, and the uca this afternoon. Hope I can still get wheels and tires so I can do one alignment but we will see how the lift goes firat.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
OK just always curious why people choose the lifts they do
Why the Frankenlift? Not saying its a bad way to go, just curious is all

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Going to do it right ordering the premium kit, front teraflex, and the uca this afternoon. Hope I can still get wheels and tires so I can do one alignment but we will see how the lift goes firat.
Wheels and tires have nothing to really do with getting an alignment.
But you will need to get an alignment right away and then after it gets settled in another one

mongo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the frankenlift off of reviews and it is the most complete kit I could find. Being pre assembled is also a nice feature. Customer service has also gone well so far 3-4 emails always get a reply the next day.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the frankenlift off of reviews and it is the most complete kit I could find. Being pre assembled is also a nice feature. Customer service has also gone well so far 3-4 emails always get a reply the next day.

I would say in that general price range that the 3.5" Econo lift from Jeepin By Al is a more complete kit just becausse it comes with the UCA's

They are both great quality kits though.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
In the end makes no difference , OME springs are proven to be good time after time
Having them pre-assembled is an extra plus although JBA does it as well if requested .
You did say you're getting the UCAs ? correct?? Don't be scared when its first installed since you'll be up at 4 inches of lift plus........It'll take longer than normal to settle in. Also on 98% of the KJs the left side is way closer to the body than the right side. Make sure you have ratchet straps to pull it into place

mongo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be honest I never saw the kit from jeepin by al until after reading your post, after finding it I don't know which kit to get. Like you said the jeepin kit has the arms in it already, and is a few hundred cheaper.

mongo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What no stickers, that's a deal breaker like a woman texting during dinner on the first date

mongo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright going back and forth on the two lifts, the jba makes more sense. I want to be able to fit a set of 31x10.5x15 tires on 15x7 wheels. I would rather not have to get into cutting down the cvs. Which cleavas spacers would you get to keep it under 3.5 (cutting the cv). I don't plan on ever swapping out the front bumper so stock 02 renegade (gas) weight.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm at 3.75 and I don't need cut cv's. Many people on here are over 4" with no cut cv's

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
alright going back and forth on the two lifts, the jba makes more sense. I want to be able to fit a set of 31x10.5x15 tires on 15x7 wheels. I would rather not have to get into cutting down the cvs. Which cleavas spacers would you get to keep it under 3.5 (cutting the cv). I don't plan on ever swapping out the front bumper so stock 02 renegade (gas) weight.

I've been running over 4 inches of lift for 90,000-100,000 miles at least
No cut CVs and no issues with them wearing out
Stock left side went out at 185,000 on the KJ of which 165,000 was lifted
If you know how to drive off road and not just bang and crash your way through parts last a good while longer

mongo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drive it like I have to pay for it if I break it, so looking at the jba site looks like the middle height spacer is the norm. Is that what size spacer you guys are running?

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Do you have a way to get around while your KJ is apart? Are you going to change out the coils yourself? That is pretty much what made the decision for me. Happy hunting!