frankenlift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mongo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a repeat question. Is the frankenlift premium kit really a all in one kit? I see it comes with rear shocks but not fronts, do you reuse the existing fronts.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Frankenlift II Premium Kit for GAS KJ: $1,117.99
Comes with pre-assembled front struts assemblies. Uses OME H/D Front Struts, OME927 H/D front Springs, Proprietory Poly parts, Strut Top Plates, All hardware needed; Rear OME948 H/D springs, OME132L Rear Long Travel Shocks and pair of rear extended bump stops. Plus, 1 Frankenlift Decal

Would want to get front bump stops and it's recommended you get some upgraded a-arms

mongo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So teraflex for the front, stupid question but why do you need to replace the a arms?

mongo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow missed the "New strut assembly" part all together sorry

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes Teraflex front bumpstops
UCAs are "highly suggested" due to the height that the Franky sets at
Easier to align
No upper control arm / spring contact

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also, just in case since you will probably come across them while searching.... Don't go with the Rocky Road UCA's. There are many threads that should do a good job stearing you away from those.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
ONLY place for aftermarket UCAs is JeepinByAl
great product and if you ever have a problem he's right there to help you out

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You can more than likely get by for a while without them. Just know that they won't be able to get the alignment right on. Plus then when you do upgrade you'll need another alignment

JLRockies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never replaced the arms in 100k miles of driving and had no alignment issues... and my KJ actually went offroad... like for realz.

mongo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am all for doing thi.g the right way with quality parts, 400 is going to kill the wheel and tire budget for now

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Bumpstops (front) are not required with the Frankenlift. There is little to no danger of compressing those coil overs enough for contact.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Not to mention ... They will save you a BIG pain in the ass ... if like me you cannot align with stock arms. Mine was probably worse than most .. but my LCA's were maxed and I still had nasty camber issues.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I never replaced the arms in 100k miles of driving and had no alignment issues... and my KJ actually went offroad... like for realz.

Yes your are the man we all know from you telling us everyday,..........:anitoof:
regardless, I've seen stock UCAs that were worn out at 40,000 miles and no lift at all, mine were fine at 75,000 when I "upgraded" and they went on a 07 with 33,000 miles and UCAs worn out
So just because you went 100,000 is not a huge deal since it is a wear item, some may last 20,000- other 125,000

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Bumpstops (front) are not required with the Frankenlift. There is little to no danger of compressing those coil overs enough for contact.

Interesting, I compressed mine enough when I was running the 790s and the gasser Frankenlift parts

mongo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the low cost of bump stops I am just going to out them on, better safe then sorry out on the trail

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Interesting, I compressed mine enough when I was running the 790s and the gasser Frankenlift parts

But not the actual Frankenlift coil over right? I can tell you (from having it out for 6 months) that bottom hunk of plastic makes a big difference in how that spring responds.

Just going by what the tech told me at AllJ's when I asked if I needed them ... and why they were not in the kit. Maybe it has something to do with the bump stop that is built into the lower coil mount ? :shrug:

P.S. Mongo .. the other issue I had with stock A arms was the knuckle at the UBJ rubbed on my coils (lower coil mount)