Frankenlift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having a hard time getting the right questions answered....please follow along.

there are posts on lost that tell how to make the frankenlift out of parts:
Frankenlift = OME 927+RSX17505+Daystar top plate+.75 poly spacer.
- this is according to kj country, LOST, and All J

I see many people talking about using ome927 and rsx17505's but not that they are coupling them with spacers or daystar top plates.

If I run Daystar top plates (that is all I have), do I need the .75 spacer for "pre-loading" the spring as described by LOST and ALL J?

If not, why?

thanks for any help I can get...but please keep it relative to the question, too many posts get sidetracked and I am not getting the answers I need.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
This is why I just ordered a Frankenlift directly from All J Products!

That way I didn't have to put up with all the "He said he said" as far
as Mickey Mousing together a half assed wanna be Frankenlift with a
hodge podge assortment of make do parts to acheive an inferior resemblance
of a reputable dealers lift kit...
(Not too mention all the trial and error that "some" have gone through!)
And allow me the freedom of further modifying what was already an awesome lift!

But...

Go hard!

It will be interesting to see what you come up with!

I'm happy with my slightly modded Frankenlift which gives me a solid
four (4) inches of lift!

Good luck with your "Homemade" Frankenlift, lift project...

I look foreward to your out come!

Reaction score
i used the hd springs and got the shocks and struts i wanted and mine worked fine. i saved like 200 over what frakenlift people paid

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
i used the hd springs and got the shocks and struts i wanted and mine worked fine. i saved like 200 over what frakenlift people paid

That might be true and all Matt, but I don't think that you could of had
anyway near four inches of lift with just OME coil springs!
I relize that folks can get 4 inches of lift with additional bits and bobs...
But at the end of the day, a Frankenlift is a smart and good buy for folks
who don't want to F#ck around over and over again to get there...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
mmmm I shouldn't say anything but I am one of those people who someone says mickey mouses things together etc. Kind of hurts my feelings since I've been playing around with Kj lifts, well all kinds of lifts for that matter for a long time now.
I can and did get the same amount of lift out of OME springs, clevis lift and top plate and WAY less than what a Frankenlift costs. And anyone can do it for not much over 700 bucks trust me. ;)
NOW with that said if you have the bucks go for it, but why and it is certainly NOT Mickey mousing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:
My lift lasted over 100,000 miles, more than most will ever put on their KJ.

Now back to the original PO questions since this has went off track

The Daystar top plates must be used with a spacer to work correctly. For what you are wanting to do I would still find someone with a original setup and get the top plate and isos and go that way better in the long run

I mean you don't want to Mickey mouse it do you?

bigBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats guys, both for the hilarious smart asp remarks as well as the lecturing that some of you gave me.

I am "Mickey Mousing" this, if you want to call it that, because I already had some of the components on hand. The only difference in the "frankenlift" and the mickey moused version, which I am trying to achieve, appears to be the .75" poly spacer that All J conveniently includes. If I may, I believe the only difference is the manufacturer of the spacer. Other than that my Mickey Moused version is still hundreds cheaper and contains the same components....
RSX 17505 = $120 (on hand)
OME 927 = $142
Crusty's spacer = $33
Daystar top plates = on hand
Stock Isolators = on hand (maybe 1 or 2 coming still)
OME 948 = $155
RSX 17004 = $114
Total Mickey Mouse cost = $564
Total Frankenlift cost = $974
Thats about a $400 difference.

hmmm Al's A arms cost about $400....looks like I just got a set of A-arms for FREEEEEE

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The advantage that the Daystar top plate gives you is additional droop. But since it extends the effective length of the shock, you do have to add the .75" spacer to get the preload. Otherwise, just use the OEM top plate with the Crusty spacer and a Clevis lift and you should be about the same height as Frankie as Tom mentioned.