Follow Up - New Liberty Owner!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boatnut

Reaction score
Well, that didn't take too long.

Just wanted to thank everyone who answered my newbie question about what to look out for when buying a KJ.

I have just put a deposit on an '06 Renegade!

The details:

-Silver paint
-Auto with Selec-Trac
-Sunroof
-Factory Tow Group
-68,000 km (42253 miles) on the clock
-6 disc in dash changer/infinity sound system
all power goodies (not the seat though)

I will follow up with pics as soon as I can.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Renne's are nice. Congrats.

Dave

boatnut

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys! She will be in my hands next week, so I will snap some pics.

Luke, how far "North o' Barrie" are you? I am in North Bay.

waywardtravel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you all like your renegades but what am I missing. I have a sport that has all skid's, select-trac, tow package cooling with no receiver for some reason, I don't get it.
I know I wish I had overhead computer console and leather but that's all and I don't know if those are renny base or options. Maybe it's the name. But nice looking KJ in silver boat nut. What's next for it. Your username is my old email and license plate once.

Last edited:

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from South 'o Barrie! :D

waywardtravel, they all just think they're special because they have a flatter hood, fake bolt heads on the flares and some tacky lights on top ;)

Nah I like the Renegades :) Except for the extra plastic crap on top which most people seem to take off!

waywardtravel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from South 'o Barrie! :D

waywardtravel, they all just think they're special because they have a flatter hood, fake bolt heads on the flares and some tacky lights on top ;)

Nah I like the Renegades :) Except for the extra plastic crap on top which most people seem to take off!
I've paid for what some call tacky, fake, plastic, bolt on lights up top because they were flat to start but weren't we talking about Renegades. I don't like anything too flat but a tummy. Embellish the curves.

Last edited:

boatnut

Reaction score
Now, isn't that funny, my wife wants the fake plastic crap on top! It doesn't have the light bar on it, but she does want me to find one and put it on!

I'd much rather make a light bar between the roof rails, and put my own lights up there.

First order of business though, some decent rubber. I will get out on the trails with her (we do miss doing that with the YJ that I had many moons ago), but her primary use will be for towing the boat. Maybe a couple of years a lift will be in order.

Here's a first glimpse....

You must be registered for see images attach

I will try out the factory fog lights, to see if I like them. If not, then something from the Hella 500 family will find it's way up front. Stereo upgrades are in order too.

waywardtravel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If she let's you have a boat, tow car, and comes with on the right trip's as long as you put decent rubber on go for it. I was told you need a doctor for the installation. With some searching around you will find a couple of posts that go into the factory wiring for said lights. I personally would find some nice racks with forward rack mounted light's and show her some photo's. If you can move the lights back on the top you will minimize lighting up the front hood. It makes it a little harder to see because it reflects in your eyes.
It seems you guy's will take trips in your KJ so a roof rack will become a necessity anyways. The biggest downfall for the rack mounted light's is running your own wire to install but it's not that bad. You probably already know the roof lights can't be fog lights because of the spread out beam of light.

I think the doctors said something like 30% of all installed plastic bolt on lights were later removed. Make sure she really want's them.

Last edited: