fog light recommendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I completely, positively, 110% agree!

And what about at dusk? dawn? fog? at what point are people to turn on their lights? so many times I see vehicles without their lights on when they should be. With DRL's, or having the habbit of turning your lights on all the time(which I do as well) is just safer overall. No I do not have documented proof, I have what is called common sense!

Bert

I don't know all the motoring laws for Canada but the US has a time period which idiotically changes throughout the year due to the changing hours of day light. Usually headlights are to be turned on MANDATORY 5pm to 7:30 AM in the winter and 630PM to 7:30 AM during the summer time. Dusk to Dawn if the requirement for headlights to be on that includes all running lights. Thirdly have you ever driven on an ''interstate highway'' through the whole night, dusk to dawn You won't believe how many people do not turn their headlights on and just run at night on their DRL's because they think their running lights came on automatically. Second pretty much all states have law that ALL RUNNING LIGHTS are to be on in the Fog, most states have laws that state ALL RUNNING LIGHTS must be on when in Rain which has caused most new vehicles with rain sensing wipers to turn on all lights automatically. So therefore if you can't flip a switch to fully comply with law but rely on a feature that is now doing more harm than good because if you run with DRL's in Fog, at dusk, at dawn, and in the rain, you're missing certain critical things LIKE TAIL LIGHTS. DRL's are just lit up head lights no other lights come on unless its early GM then its parking lights which in most states are illegal to have on while in motion without head lights on. Now wheres your common sense in thinking DRL's are fine for Dusk, Dawn, and Fog?

Read your local automotive state laws, you'd be surprised at whats illegal most of it is a ''secondary offense'' which means you can not technically be pulled over for it but you can get wrote up for it if you are for a primary offense. Just like here in Iowa texting and driving is a secondary offense so if you're texting and driving you can't get pulled over even though it is against the law. The officer has to find a primary offense like speeding to pull you over.

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know all the motoring laws for Canada but the US has a time period which idiotically changes throughout the year due to the changing hours of day light. Usually headlights are to be turned on MANDATORY 5pm to 7:30 AM in the winter and 630PM to 7:30 AM during the summer time. Dusk to Dawn if the requirement for headlights to be on that includes all running lights. Thirdly have you ever driven on an ''interstate highway'' through the whole night, dusk to dawn You won't believe how many people do not turn their headlights on and just run at night on their DRL's because they think their running lights came on automatically. Second pretty much all states have law that ALL RUNNING LIGHTS are to be on in the Fog, most states have laws that state ALL RUNNING LIGHTS must be on when in Rain which has caused most new vehicles with rain sensing wipers to turn on all lights automatically. So therefore if you can't flip a switch to fully comply with law but rely on a feature that is now doing more harm than good because if you run with DRL's in Fog, at dusk, at dawn, and in the rain, you're missing certain critical things LIKE TAIL LIGHTS. DRL's are just lit up head lights no other lights come on unless its early GM then its parking lights which in most states are illegal to have on while in motion without head lights on. Now wheres your common sense in thinking DRL's are fine for Dusk, Dawn, and Fog?

Read your local automotive state laws, you'd be surprised at whats illegal most of it is a ''secondary offense'' which means you can not technically be pulled over for it but you can get wrote up for it if you are for a primary offense. Just like here in Iowa texting and driving is a secondary offense so if you're texting and driving you can't get pulled over even though it is against the law. The officer has to find a primary offense like speeding to pull you over.

Unfortunately, YES! Long story short it was "Back to the 50's" classic car event in Minneapolis and we couldn't find a room if our lives depended on it,so I decided to just keep going to get home, so no I did not notice as I was way to exhausted :icon_lol:

Interesting, I just tried my 2002 santa fe and the tail lights did come on with the DRL's, not the '02 Liberty.I know our '08 GM and I believe our '09 JKU tail lights also come on. I "think" most vehicles up here have the tail lights come on automatically, I know I do notice (for the most part) when I am following vehicles if their tail lights are not on, and it is rare!

My only rebuttal is that DRL's are better than no lights. I agree though that the lights should be "on". Most do turn on their lights at the appropriate time, but there are idiots everywhere!

So if you are bringing this up I'm guessing you think it should be a first offense? I think it should be! Texting and driving should be illegal everywhere! Going off track now.

As stated people for the most part do use their switch when required whether or not they have DRL's, idiots are going to be idiots no matter where you are, and for that the DRL's can not hurt.

Last but not least I thought second came before third?poke.gif

:happy160:

Bert

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be especially careful if you get pulled over here in Oklahoma...our lawmen can't remember which is a Taser and which is a real gun....:emotions34:

Ohio-white-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No the US does NOT have a "time period which idiotically changes throughout the year due to the changing hours of day light. Usually headligh"

Your state may, or may not.

Ohio requires 1/2 hour before sunset to 1/2 hour after sunrise. Law has been arouund over 20 years. Meanwhile one of the neighboring states just enacted a similar law, along with lights on with wipers.

There is no National US Law re:

Miguel Escobar

Reaction score
Hello Guys

what kind of type led bulbs may i put to my KJ ?

i need to see good in low beam and high beam i bought a pair of xenon light but when i turn on the high the light turns yellow and looks as low beam, so i decided to change for a led i hope to resolved my problem

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In Nevada Arizona and other desert areas it is very common to see people with there lights on all the time when its so hot the black top is waving at you certain color cars seem to disappear

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No the US does NOT have a "time period which idiotically changes throughout the year due to the changing hours of day light. Usually headligh"

Your state may, or may not.

Ohio requires 1/2 hour before sunset to 1/2 hour after sunrise. Law has been arouund over 20 years. Meanwhile one of the neighboring states just enacted a similar law, along with lights on with wipers.

There is no National US Law re:

Actually it is Federal Law, but as most people forget State Laws trump Federal Laws. Federal Laws set a basic guideline, State can choose to adopt the law in full or modify it to their standards. Which is a constant trick question on many tests, what takes precedence? State or Federal Law? Answer is Federal unless State has ratified its own version of the law in place. Primary example, you can not travel with more than two fully loaded Propane Tanks in the trunk of your car, that is a Federal 50 State Law. Nebraska may have modified the law to state that you can only drive with one filled propane tank in the trunk of your car. Which guideline do you follow, Nebraska's Law.