Flat towing a KJ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

welby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, wife bent the jeep up this morning. Radiator is smashed so can't drive it, but drive line is ostensibly all straight. It's a command trac. is it ok to neutral the t-case and flat tow it about 2 miles back to our farm?

welby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the response tjkj. just to be sure this is able to be done with the engine off?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The early signs are Dementia then it goes to Alzheimers, with a little ADD, but still don't think I am old, twenty years ago I thought this age was old, but now it's OK.:party52:
I can still remember when my Mother hit 50! I thought dang wonder if I'll make it? :shrug:
Past 50 a few years back and still going strong so guess age is just a little bump in the road :happy175:

welby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol this thread took a sorta funny turn. needed the pick-me-up too, thanks guys.

Eddielee

Reaction score
Unless it's too late -- make sure that the key is in OFF (not lock) position when you tow it! At least that's the way it works on my '07 KJ