Fix a headlight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPdude

Reaction score
My front right headlight won’t come on. I can see that it is a wire issue. When I shake the wire the headlight comes on but it won’t stay on though. How do I fix the wire? Looks like I could just patch it up and maybe it’ll be fine but I’m no expert at this.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums.
If there is no visible damage to the wire itself, the wires travels into a female connector. There could be corrosion issues or the connector itself.
The bulb has a male connector remove (bulb9007) and check for corrosion at the metal connectors to be clean firstly as well.
Refer to the FSM or owners manual for removal, What year is your Jeep?

Last edited:

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
You may find a bit of electrical contact cleaner (CRC brand is what I have used for years) may help.

Just do yourself a favor and disconnect the battery before you do any electrical work and troubleshooting!

A cheap volt/ohm meter may help too. Lots of videos to show you how to use one properly if you don’t know how online.