first modded libby I've seen in Real Life

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was on the Ferry from Vashon Is. back to Seattle yesterday, and this guy pulled up next to me. Had he been alone I would have stepped out and asked him about it, but he was on his phone and had people in the car.

I've never seen this rear bumper before. This guy was pretty well lifted, he had 245/75/16 Toyo Open Country MT's on it. He also had a sticker for Eastside Custom Truck on it. At first I assumed it meant "Eastside" ie, Bellevue, East Lake Washington as we refer to that as the Eastside. But when I looked it up, it was Port Angeles... so "Eastside" must be referring to some other 'eastside' that I'm not familiar with.

Anyhoo, apologies for not getting a whole pic of the truck. It was a Limited and it looked like they had done pretty good work on chopping the fender flares for the bumper. But I believe this bumper is not made for the libby, but was custom fit from a Cherokee?

He had a custom front bumper (not an ARB, but one of this make "T/R"?) and a winch on the front.

What do you kids make of this?

You must be registered for see images attach

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
nopers thats the rear and if i recall correctly the spare is on a swinging gate seperate from the tailgate.
theyre quite snazzy.. and pricey.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nopers thats the rear and if i recall correctly the spare is on a swinging gate seperate from the tailgate.
theyre quite snazzy.. and pricey.

Not on this truck. While the picture doesn't show it, it looked like the guy had a custom fabbed up solution. He had the tire on the original mounting plate, but the bolts on the gate mounting plate had been upgraded and he actually had beefy lug nuts holding the plate on. Then I believe he had the lugs where the tire is actually mounted extended and he had a solid plate covering the rear tire, kind of like what TonyCRD had for the Euro license plate issue. Best as I could tell this was the way he/they chose to mount the tire without going to the swing gate.

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Not on this truck. While the picture doesn't show it, it looked like the guy had a custom fabbed up solution. He had the tire on the original mounting plate, but the bolts on the gate mounting plate had been upgraded and he actually had beefy lug nuts holding the plate on. Then I believe he had the lugs where the tire is actually mounted extended and he had a solid plate covering the rear tire, kind of like what TonyCRD had for the Euro license plate issue. Best as I could tell this was the way he/they chose to mount the tire without going to the swing gate.

interesting... thats cool.. :D

Powerman04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id love those heavy duty front and rear bumpers..
but i dont want to waste the lift i just put on.. lol

Yea im in the same boat. would love a new bumper, but adding too much weight up front would simply ****** what i just put on.

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
exactly.. not to hijack thread..

but ive decided against winch and backbone and im going to fab ( for sure) a front dual hitch..
then get a winch on removable plate later.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are nice bumpers, and stylistically, I like them better than the ARB.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Too bad they are so flippin' expensive. :(

Boiler's aluminum rear bumper looks good, and it's lightweight. ;)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Also Trail Readys are no longer available
Jeepinjarhead got the last ones made, and he had to wait for a few months. They have not really made any to speak of for 3 or 4 years. I tried buying the front and rear back in 05 waited several months finally gave up on them
No tire carrier was ever available on the rear one.
Yes they were expensive but well worth it cause they were made with real steel !!!