Finished my Install of Rear Suspension 04 KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CJfix

Reaction score
Hi guys!
Just finished my installation, in the driveway (105 degrees Heat index).

Replaced the boomerang, lower control arms and shocks. Fun stuff. Did I mention I had no help? But the outcome was fantastic! The lower arm bushings were toast. So was the ball joint in the boomerang.Old shocks were surprisingly firm still. Trying to get a better than new car ride.

So, I am next going to tackle the front suspension and then get the whole thing aligned. The parts are beefy. I like beefy. Any suggestions for front suspension parts that may add greater stability?

Also this 2004 has a slight whine to the ******. It is also fussy in how you shift gears. It likes gentle not rough gear changes. This common?

Looking to keep this KJ a while longer. Has had top engine rebuilt, new radiator, new brakes all around, new rear suspension. clutch still feels strong.

Thanks for the feedback on the rear suspension guys.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
shifts always seemed to be soft and mushy to me whether its manual or auto....but i also learned to drive stick and have the most current experience on old tractors and farm trucks ...so maybe im not the best judge :gr_grin:

and as far as suspension goes it depends on budget, the ride from OME and JBA suspensions is always a world of difference

Latest posts

Members online