Lifting the KJ 2022

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJ05KJ

Reaction score
Hello all. Long time lurker and researcher here. I am in need of a suspension tune up for my beloved Jeep. It's at 150k miles and needs suspension and tires. I figure this would be a perfect time to gain some height in the process. My plan was to go with the common lift that has been suggested mainly here. I have found places to get the updated shock part numbers, but no luck with the springs. Is there a new number that I can cross-reference, or are these no longer available?

Front:
ome927 / Bilstein 24-139168

Rear:
ome948 / Bilstein 24-185660

Planning of going with the upper arms from JBA, and may even replace the lowers completely.

Tires:
I was planning on running 245/75R16 on stock rims if I can get away with. Currently I have 235/70r1. Most people here are running aftermarket rims, I would rather not change. Will I be okay with the offset on the standard wheels? Any other suggestions are welcome.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I first lifted mine the same springs and shocks you are planning and 245/75r16 on stock steel wheels it worked out just fine. But it also looked a little narrow in stance until I found a set of moab wheels. Now I wish I had wider tires.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
OME 2927/ OME 2948 , 2 before the number means 2 springs
TERAFlEX front bumpstops , have to call to order
2 hockey puclks per side in the rear bolted down to the lower spring perch

JJ05KJ

Reaction score
OME 2927/ OME 2948 , 2 before the number means 2 springs
TERAFlEX front bumpstops , have to call to order
2 hockey puclks per side in the rear bolted down to the lower spring perch
thanks tom. Do you think the 245/75R16 will work well on the stock rims? I have the 5 spoke rim, I think it has 5" backspacing. It seems it would help the stance in general if it had less offset, but I don't want to get into spacers.

I have seen a bolt callout in older posts, I assume that is for the rear isolators?

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am running 245/75R16 BFG KO2’s on stock wheels and I think the stance of the Jeep works well. I don’t need or want wheel spacers or a wider wheel and tire setup. Never been in an offroad situation where this setup hasn’t been fantastic. Also I don’t want rubbing or a wider turning radius.

You must be registered for see images attach

I’m probably sitting at about 3.5 inches of lift (a 4 inch JBA lift with almost 140,000 miles on it).

JJ05KJ

Reaction score
I am running 245/75R16 BFG KO2’s on stock wheels and I think the stance of the Jeep works well. I don’t need or want wheel spacers or a wider wheel and tire setup. Never been in an offroad situation where this setup hasn’t been fantastic. Also I don’t want rubbing or a wider turning radius.

You must be registered for see images attach

I’m probably sitting at about 3.5 inches of lift (a 4 inch JBA lift with almost 140,000 miles on it).
Thanks for the input, yours looks great. It's good know it handles well. I plan on light trailing and getting out in some snow here in Mi. come winter time.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
One other thing: 245/75R16 is as big as you can really go without regearing your KJ to 4.10 ring & pinion gears. You will lose about 2-4 mpg and your Jeep will not have the pep it once did in 4th gear. Your transmission will downshift more often on hills and it will see a bit more wear and tear. However, it is still usable. It’s pretty ok. It’s fine. I do want to regear my Jeep, but the cost in my area is about $1500 per axle and I never have that much spare cash at once. :p You might do better in MI.

JRB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, do you all know if those are the TeraFlex kit to be used with the most common lift done for KJs?
Cheers!

That's a full spacer lift, not what you'll want right there. On those setups you're not getting any actual suspension pieces like springs or shocks, just things to space out the current suspension, which is likely wearing out if it hasn't been replaced.

Crazy too how they managed to market a $100-$200 spacer lift for $600, and work in the word budget o_O

Maybe it's a $200 spacer lift and $400 bump stops ;)

Teraflex does make good bumpstops though, but buy the bumpstops directly from teraflex by calling them, I don't think they sell them by themselves listed online anymore.

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
That price is getting close to what a set of OME shocks and springs for the front would cost. I paid around $650 USD for mine.

Lobato

Reaction score
That's a full spacer lift, not what you'll want right there. On those setups you're not getting any actual suspension pieces like springs or shocks, just things to space out the current suspension, which is likely wearing out if it hasn't been replaced.

Crazy too how they managed to market a $100-$200 spacer lift for $600, and work in the word budget o_O

Maybe it's a $200 spacer lift and $400 bump stops ;)

Teraflex does make good bumpstops though, but buy the bumpstops directly from teraflex by calling them, I don't think they sell them by themselves listed online anymore.
I was wondering more because of the bumpstops haha... thanks!
Things are really pricey! The cost of the OME shocks/springs has skyrocketed too... at least here in Canada.
And the fact that I am renovating a 1977 GMC Vandura doesn't help it either hahaha... Most body work parts cannot be found here, and I need to buy them from the US, so shipping is super expensive!

Reactions: JRB

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
IIRC, the front bump stops are $32USD a piece from Teraflex. Search for the name here and you’ll find Mr. Mudd’s post with the part # and phone #.

mertz019

Reaction score
Hello all. Long time lurker and researcher here. I am in need of a suspension tune up for my beloved Jeep. It's at 150k miles and needs suspension and tires. I figure this would be a perfect time to gain some height in the process. My plan was to go with the common lift that has been suggested mainly here. I have found places to get the updated shock part numbers, but no luck with the springs. Is there a new number that I can cross-reference, or are these no longer available?

Front:
ome927 / Bilstein 24-139168

Rear:
ome948 / Bilstein 24-185660

Planning of going with the upper arms from JBA, and may even replace the lowers completely.

Tires:
I was planning on running 245/75R16 on stock rims if I can get away with. Currently I have 235/70r1. Most people here are running aftermarket rims, I would rather not change. Will I be okay with the offset on the standard wheels? Any other suggestions are welcome.
Hi all, I am literally doing the same exact thing right now, this is great info. Does this set up give you a "level" outcome? Or do you need to do any additional leveling?

Latest posts

Members online