FINALLY got my OME springs in!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

autoboy454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, long story short, my 03 KJ is finally sitting a little higher this morning after a LOOOONG night at the campus student garage. I started at 4:30 yesterday afternoon and got the install all buttoned up by 10pm working straight through.

The worst part of the night by far was finding out at 9pm that someone else busted up my college's only alignment rack, and being too far in to stop installing the lift, I kept going and had to drive 6 miles home in the dark going 20mph on a 50mph road with my hazards on because I didn't want to screw anything up alignment-wise.

I took a measurement of my front toe (difference in width in inches from backside and frontside of the front tires. and guesstimated my toe to get home. And now that it's Novemeber, all the shops in town are only doing tire-changeovers... I can't get it aligned anywhere... AND I have class at 10am...

Well, I'll just let some pics do the rest of the talking.

You must be registered for see images attach

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. Long as you did a good job installing the lift you can drive it 50mph no problem. Its actually a good idea to drive it for a week or so to let everything settle in, then align it.

Good idea to retorque everything after a couple of weeks too.

autoboy454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know JeepJeepster, Hopefully in a week the school will have the alignment rack fixed so I can get it all straight and true. So far LOVING the ride of the OME springs compared to the stock springs with 116k on em hehe!

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
autoboy -

Looks great! Did you do any other mods on the lift (top plate/clevis/rear isolators/etc) or is that just new springs and struts?

autoboy454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
autoboy -

Looks great! Did you do any other mods on the lift (top plate/clevis/rear isolators/etc) or is that just new springs and struts?

Front is 926 springs with strut top plates and that is it
Rear is just the OME coils (although I have spare pairs of upper and lower isos)

Well done! (Cheers)

:eek:

How many clams did you give out for the springs and where did you buy them from?

You will hate me for this! I found the set of springs, shocks, and iso's for 100$ on my local craigslist. A guy from a local Jeep dealership had to pull the lift off a trade-in 03 (can't sell it with a lift, probably some liability/warranty stuff) and just wanted them gone. Just means I don't have to wait for them to settle in fully, Just for them to set in the perches.

autoboy454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got it aligned at a local shop this afternoon and will retorque everything next week before I have to drive 150 miles home.

Latest posts

Members online