Finally getting some new rubber.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all-

Finally getting some new tires after two sets of factory goodyears. Decided on Dueler Revo A/Ts. Bit more than some others, but I know I'm goign to be happy with em. 235/70/16 will replace the stock 215/75/16's that are on it now. Getting a set of 5, local outfit pricematched tirerack, so should be all good. They need to get shipped from their warehouse to local store, so will take awhile, hoping to have em on before xmas trip......

I know someones gonna ask - $147 each + 20 install/mount/balance. Includes a front end alignment + roadside, etc.

Getting new tires for my honda civic too... but since I'm not married to anything for them, I think I may just go to pepboys and get the 4 for 3 special hancook or whatever.

-Blu

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I talked with a friend whom I trust, and got some advice to go with Toyo Open Country AT tires...... any experience?

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blake has those I believe. From what I hear they are great. I was really debating between those and the Grabber AT's that I have. I finally settled on the Grabbers.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I was the one with the Toyo Open Countrys.

Treadwear: From new to finished off... about 40k miles.
Noise: They were actually quieter than the stock Goodforayears.
Traction: Snow: Great. Rain: Great. Dry Roads: Great.
Offroad: Dirt: great. Mud: NOT SO GREAT, actually they SUCK. :p But every all-terrain tire ***** in the mud.

They also didn't pick up nails / screws as much as my Goodyears did.

Highly recommended. ;)

Last edited:

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool Cool. He threw Yokohama Geolander HT/S in there as an option too.... I think I'm gonna go with the toyos. And I think I'm going to cheap out a bit and buy 4, I have one stocker with maybe 10k on it, and I use a cover anyway, so it really doesnt matter much. The reality of it is try as I may, i'm not likely to begin a 5-tire rotation anytime soon.

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ended up going with the Geolanders after all that. I'm happy. We'll see how they do in the snow (this weekend!)

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya.. I agree. I'm actually a bit disappointed, they installed em lettering in against what I'd asked for ... but after waiting for almost 4hr to get em installed, I wasnt about to ask to change em.

BTW, marlon- the deciding factor was availability. I wanted em installed before the coming snowstorm and the open countries were out of stock in the warehouse.

-Blu

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, Ive got the Geolander A/T-S tires. Got a good 6-7k on them and they are doing pretty good. Wet weather traction is still great but they seem to be wearing just a tad quick. Guess that accounts for their good traction.

Dont count on getting more than 30k out of them but they were a decent price. Got them for $110 a piece plus $40 for shipping from tirerack. I think the price of shipping has really went up over the past couple years though...

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blake- cool cool. They had the AT version in stock, but I looked at them and they seemed entirely too aggressive for my needs. I'm 99.99% highway. So the H/T seemed like a better fit.

In any case, I am *TOTALLY* happy with how these did in the snowtorm. It was like getting a vehicle that I never had before... have had the badyears since owning the Jeep. It performed better than I ever could have expected. In 3-4" of snow, wet pavement, icy sludgy snowcrap.... the only time I could get it to fishtail was when I wanted it to (or better put when I knew it was going to kuz of the speed)

So my advice to anyone who is in a snowy area: get rid of the stockers. I am way late to the party, and I regret it.

-Blu