Final decision on a lift.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iiTempesT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright so I keep changing my mind on about which lift to buy. My Jeep is a DD so I really can't go without it because of school and work. So I am going to buy the Moog strut mounts so I don't have to tear apart my Jeep to be able to build the struts. I want to do this so I can save on time so I don't get charged as much to get my lift on the hourly rate. Okay so after all of that blabbing here is what I want for a lift.

Front: Ironman Load Range B springs, OME sport struts (since you can't get ironman struts anymore), JBA 1/4in top plates, 3/8in clevis spacer, JBA Upper A Arms, teraflex bumpstops, and the new Moog mounts and coil spring isolators.

Rear: Ironman Springs, Ironman Extended Rear shocks, hockey pucks, and an extra isolator on top.

So what do you think about this setup? :emotions34:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will have a rake to the front a little. But I have a similar setup and love it as a DD

iiTempesT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will have a rake to the front a little. But I have a similar setup and love it as a DD

Don't you want to lift the Jeep slightly higher in the front so it levels out with the back? Correct me if I'm wrong

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't you want to lift the Jeep slightly higher in the front so it levels out with the back? Correct me if I'm wrong

If using the Ironman springs you use the .500 clevis spacer, OME you use the 3/8 inch one, if using two extra upper isolators in the rear Both springs are the same price by the way ( or was just recently ) Marlin knows if you call in and talk to him regarding this ( which clevis spacer to use) . We were just talking about it again the other day.
Now since you are only using one upper rear per side, then a 3/8 inch clevis along with the top pate could have the front up higher than the rear just a little
Why not go for the .500 clevis and another isolator per side ?

Last edited:

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought 3/8" was highest you should go for a clevis spacer?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought 3/8" was highest you should go for a clevis spacer?

3/8 inch is the best as it gives you the most "grip" on the shock. .500 although not as much will work with the Ironman springs to give you the extra height.
We've been doing that with the Econo kit since it came out when used with the ironmans

iiTempesT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If using the Ironman springs you use the .500 clevis spacer, OME you use the 3/8 inch one, if using two extra upper isolators in the rear Both springs are the same price by the way ( or was just recently ) Marlin knows if you call in and talk to him regarding this ( which clevis spacer to use) . We were just talking about it again the other day.
Now since you are only using one upper rear per side, then a 3/8 inch clevis along with the top pate could have the front up higher than the rear just a little
Why not go for the .500 clevis and another isolator per side ?

I saw somewhere on here that you net around 2.25 inches of lift with the ironman springs again correct me if I'm wrong. But with a 3/8in and a top 1/4inch top it should add around 1.25 inches in the front so it would be sitting at 3.5in before it settles. But I mean what you mean that I should use the .5 inch clevis spacer so it sits closer to 3.5 inches once settled

iiTempesT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And regarding the extra rear upper isolator It wouldn't bother me to add two instead of one to each side or I could get the JBA 4 inch springs then I basically have your econo lift Tom :happy175:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up with the .5 spacer and 1/4 top plate with ironman springs. Nice and level with only 1 spacer in the rear. Every KJ sits a little different.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The first Ironman lift out ( that I ran for a while) was level with two extra rear uppers and 3/8 inch top plate and 3/8 inch clevis
Still that way yet on 501s
of course I did add a couple of tricks for the ARB etc

iiTempesT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first Ironman lift out ( that I ran for a while) was level with two extra rear uppers and 3/8 inch top plate and 3/8 inch clevis
Still that way yet on 501s
of course I did add a couple of tricks for the ARB etc

So it was an 1.5 inch gained. Alright I could probably do that. Should I stick with the ironman springs and 2 extra isolators on each side or should I just get the 4 inch JBA springs?

Latest posts

Members online