Few rookie questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JolynsCRD

Reaction score
I am interested in putting a lift and a locker on our new KJ CRD. It is an 05 Limited CRD.
First question: Does the CRD have the Dana 30 front and Chrysler 8.25" Rear?
2nd: What is the cheapest locker and where can I get it?
3rd: How many splines are in the CRD Axles?
4th: Will a standard liberty lift work with the CRD? If not what will?

Thanks,
Will

bugnout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am interested in putting a lift and a locker on our new KJ CRD. It is an 05 Limited CRD.
First question: Does the CRD have the Dana 30 front and Chrysler 8.25" Rear?
Yes
2nd: What is the cheapest locker and where can I get it?
Well, your going to get lots of opinions. I'd consider the detroit TT locker. I've got ARB lockers front and back. You've got choices in the 8.25, but very few real options in the front. that's why I went with ARB.
3rd: How many splines are in the CRD Axles?
29 spline axles
4th: Will a standard liberty lift work with the CRD? If not what will?
Your best bet is the tried and true Frankenlift from boulderbars.com. Especially if you need new shocks and struts anyway. I have the daystar spacer lift from Rocky Road Outfitters http://www.rocky-road.com/ and have had no issues at all in 3 years. Its almost as much lift as the franky, quite a bit cheaper, until you factor in the shocks and struts.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
On a CRD, don't scimp on the coils, especially the front. The CRD weighs a lot more than a gasser.

Members online

No members online now.