feelin bad need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AbsoluteRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lets say hypothetically you had sold an individual something, shipped it out signature confirmed per USPS. Now, this isn't about the USPS or the individual, but say a few weeks later, even a month or so the individual said they hadn't received their package, you check and give it more time. Time goes by, and the individual still says nothing has arrived. The individual stated that they lived in an apartment complex AFTER you've questioned the packages arrival. Being the good person I am, and although very busy, as a relatively poor student. I still feel I need to make good with this person. I'd like to give them the something at cost of what I can get the something for, plus they can pay for shipping again (I cant eat it that much)I do have "extra" somethings that I have yet to let go just because of this situation. Does this seem fair?

UPDATE-ps, this time I would send it so that either the individual would need to pick it up or sign for it themselves. I'm sorry but this has never happened to me before, and I ship 10 fairly large items a week.

Last edited:

Pinks for slips

Reaction score
More than fair ! ;) A person could be left out in the weeds hypotheticaly speaking icon996.gif

Last edited:

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you have confirmed delivery, you completed your side of it. the person who was taking delivery needs to know of their "sketchy" delivery based on where they live...

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an incident similar to this occur a couple years ago. The delivery showed confirmed and displayed time/date. The person receiving said they never got their item. They were trying to get me to file a claim with UPS but I refused, indicating that my side of the transaction confirms delivery. If they wanted to file some form of investigation then they have my backing and I will provide any information needed. However, there is no way to actualize if the receiving person did get the item and is trying to pull one over on me. So, needless to say they never contacted me again. I even sent them a follow up email asking if things have been researched and investigated and I can still provide shipping info if needed. They never responded. So be it.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^ Exactly, if you have proof of reciept, you have completed your part of the transaction and you owe the other person nothing...

welby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any time I ship anything that is more than a nominal value I always use delivery confirmation and insurance, it's worth the extra ~$4.

dnm45227

Reaction score
you shipped to the place THEY wanted right? if so they were responsible for making sure they would get it secured on arrival. i agree with others, cooperate with any investigation they start. i don't think you should eat the transaction. especially if they chose the method of delivery and declined to pay for insurance.

Members online

No members online now.