Factory Alarm Problem...............

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banditsteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever had any problems with their alarm going off for no reason? Mine has gone off for the last 3 nights in the middle of the night and has got so annoying I have started to lock it with the key instead of the fob but obviously it is sitting there without the alarm now. Battery is good, nothing draining voltage, no lights on, windows closed, air vents closed, no men in black and white striped t shirts and masks hiding in the trees or anything. Anyone any ideas? Cheers, Steve :smokin:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I would look towards the rear hatch lock solenoid. If you have a video camera capable of 6 hour record, set it up inside, close to the the lock and when alarm goes off, you may be able to hear the click first that came from the lock attempting to lock/unlock itself first before alarm went off...just an idea....Could ask dealer they also have list of problems associated to alarm, they could check on that one.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Mine had a similar issue, the battery was going awry.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya but he said the battery was good HJ but agreed...get the battery load tested!
To ensure it is not the battery you could also hook up an intelligent trickle charger overnight.
If the alarm does not go off, due to no voltage drop......hint..... the battery.
39305[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• C-TekCharger.jpg
    C-TekCharger.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
no men in black and white striped t shirts and masks hiding in the trees or anything. Anyone any ideas? Cheers, Steve :smokin:

A common trick F:favorites68:ing scumbag crack heads here do, is set off somebodies car alarm several nights
in a row and the owner of the vehicle gets so sick and f:favorites68:ing tired of hearing the alarm get tripped
that they finally just disarm their alarm...
Then bang, said shit head breaks a window and steels your $3.00 of parking meter change!

Banditsteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A common trick F:favorites68:ing scumbag crack heads here do, is set off somebodies car alarm several nights
in a row and the owner of the vehicle gets so sick and f:favorites68:ing tired of hearing the alarm get tripped
that they finally just disarm their alarm...
Then bang, said shit head breaks a window and steels your $3.00 of parking meter change!

Yeah they do that over here as well but my Jeep lives under a carport with a security light that wasn't tripped so pretty sure its not that. Hopefully. Baseball bat is ready anyway! :icon_twisted: Thanks for the replies fellas. Done a bit of detective work today and remembered that the interior lights didn't come on when the alarm was going off so that rules out the tailgate and door switches as they trigger the interior lights so that leaves the ultrasonics inside and the bonnet switch. Checked the bonnet switch with a continuity meter and its doing what it should every single time so pretty much ruled that out which just leaves the ultrasonics inside. Found out that if you lock it on the key fob 4 times in quick succession that disables those and gives a "chirp" to confirm it so I will see what happens tonight. Fingers crossed. Thanks again. Steve :smokin: