Extinction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fosh69

Reaction score
Can't blame you one bit, dude. I'm a libby newb, but can totally respect a decision like yours. When I got out of the service I started going back to school to be an auto mechanic because I liked wrenching but a little ways through thought," If I start wrenching on cars for a living, I may lose my passion to do it for a hobby... I don't want that". So I found something else to bring in $$ and I still love my hobby. Good luck with your future adventures and I hope your hobby re-ignites.

ShafferNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't blame you one bit, dude. I'm a libby newb, but can totally respect a decision like yours. When I got out of the service I started going back to school to be an auto mechanic because I liked wrenching but a little ways through thought," If I start wrenching on cars for a living, I may lose my passion to do it for a hobby... I don't want that". So I found something else to bring in $$ and I still love my hobby. Good luck with your future adventures and I hope your hobby re-ignites.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

These past 2+ years have been the worst because our appartment lease agreement says no vehicle maintenance of any kind. It's the #1 reason I want out of here!

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even though I had never purchased anything from you, I was glad there was someone out there making good parts for KJ's that I had on my wish list.

I hate to see you close, but completely understand and respect your decision to close.

Good luck man.:)

karter

Reaction score
I'm sorry that Rock Lizard is going out of business but it's a fact of life that small niche companies very often don't have a large enough customer base to sustain them . I'm sure he put his heart and soul into his business and yes it is hard to admit that the business you nutured from the start won't allow you to profit from it . As an former owner of an auto repair shop I always appreciated my customers , it's their money and they have the right to spend their money wherever they want or need to .
I've only been a part of this forum for a short period of time and as most forums are, it's a wonderful source of information but of the several hundred thousand Liberty owners out there, how many are on this forum? How many on this forum are true off-roaders and how many bought their Libertys because of it's on-road 4 wheel drive capabilities ? Sure some folks on this forum are willing to spend the time to modify and experiment and strech the boundries of what the Liberty can do but in truth they are in the minority .
As hard as it is to close the doors on something you love to do ,it serves no purpose to bag on people because they didn't see the value in your product .Please be thankfull for the customers you did have .

KY Liberty

Reaction score
I must say that I love the Skink Super Sliders, and the Frankenlift II that I got from you. Sorry things didn't work out for you. Unfortunately, a ton of Libby owners cry about things not being available for the Libby even though they have no intention of ever buying them.

Thanks for your great products and service, and good luck in your future endeavors.

Latest posts

Members online