Extended Travel Front Axle Shafts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Offroad Bob

OffroadBob
Reaction score
Has anybody heard of or used the new Extended Travel front CV Axle shafts for sale at Orielly Auto Parts ? It says that these shafts are for lifted Libertys and are for extended travel and have a higher degree of articulation meaning you can have the shafts in a greater degree of angle from the Transfer case to the wheel hub. These are new, not remanufactured shafts, have a lifetime warranty (no labor of course). Overall compressed length is 22 5/8". Also says you have 44 mm of extended travel length over the stock shafts. It also says you can run up to a 47 degrees of articulation angle vs 23 degrees with the stock shafts. I am seriously considering these when I go to rebuild front end in a week or two. I already have Bilstein coil over struts to install and I have a set of lower control arms I bought at the LKQ lot and then had all new Moog bushings installed in them. I will be also be replacing the lower ball joints and brake pads and figured I might as well do the axle shafts while I am in there. Mine has had a 2 1/2" lift on the front for many years and i will be taking out the spacer lift when I install the Bilstein setup. I copied and pasted the description from Orielly and attached them below, but no pictures on their site yet.
Any thoughts or suggestions ?

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking unnecessary. The cv's are not rhe limiting factor. Uca's come into contact with springs at full extention before cv's maxed out. Unless there are other major mods going on. Tommudd should be along shortly, I'm sure he'll have some insight for us.

mercdudecbr600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering the same thing with cv axles on a lifted kJ with jba ucas. They’re made by trakmotive and seem like a reasonable upgrade considering the additional articulation

Latest posts

Members online