Extended length shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcollinsia

Reaction score
Hey all. Next week I'll be installing new springs, shocks, etc. and I was curious if anyone could let me know at what point I would need to buy extended length shocks. I've looked through the forum and couldn't find much for answers.

I should clarify that the springs I'm installing are the H&R lift springs (29203-1) which only raise it up around 1.5" over stock. It's not my number one choice but my logic is pretty simple...I need to be able to park in my garage and with the 1.5" I should barely be able to do that.

All that said, if anybody also wants any specifics regarding the H&R springs just let me know and I can try to accommodate with pictures & such. They're due to arrive in a couple of days but I'm not installing until next weekend.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey all. Next week I'll be installing new springs, shocks, etc. and I was curious if anyone could let me know at what point I would need to buy extended length shocks. I've looked through the forum and couldn't find much for answers.

I should clarify that the springs I'm installing are the H&R lift springs (29203-1) which only raise it up around 1.5" over stock. It's not my number one choice but my logic is pretty simple...I need to be able to park in my garage and with the 1.5" I should barely be able to do that.

All that said, if anybody also wants any specifics regarding the H&R springs just let me know and I can try to accommodate with pictures & such. They're due to arrive in a couple of days but I'm not installing until next weekend.

Could of also done that with OME 925s or 926s , would of gave about that much lift, unlike the 927s which give 2.5 inches.
BUT back to what you need, rear shocks. At even 1.5 inches if that is indeed what you get, stock length shocks will or could top out at times , so look at either the OME for a KJ -or- Bilsteins for a 99-04 Dodge Dakota 4x4 . those will work up to 3.5-4 inch

ALSO POST HEIGHT BEFORE AND AFTER INSTALL
MEASURE FROM MIDDLE OF THE WHEEL IN FRONT TO BOTTOM OF FLARE ( AFTER ALIGNMENT OF COURSE)

jcollinsia

Reaction score
Thanks Tommudd, I appreciate the help! I wanted to go the OME route but it's close enough with 1.5" and I didn't want to take a chance. Would that 99-04 Dakota 4x4 choice work for both front and rear?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Tommudd, I appreciate the help! I wanted to go the OME route but it's close enough with 1.5" and I didn't want to take a chance. Would that 99-04 Dakota 4x4 choice work for both front and rear?

stock front, just get shocks for whatever year LIberty, well actually they are all the same from 02-12
rear use what I suggested

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.