exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ineedabouttreefiddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive recently been looking at exhaust systems for my 2002 liberty limited. Ive been looking at the MBRP stainless system but i was wondering if its a good choice or if i should go for something else. im looking to go loud but i dont want a lot of drone

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
oh..wow...you did pretty good, and sounds very good!
Is it just me or was that run fairly close to the wall?
Did you have the 4:10s in then?

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
No 4.10s and yes the wall is less than a door length away. Oh,and ran 5th.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Good job & 5th excellent!
By the looks if it some were afraid to give it, that close to wall, and some were gutless.
Did you clamp or weld in the glasspac? Very reasonable cost on those too!

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
I just used clamps,u-bolt style, Thrush 28in long. used the factory tailpipe on first one.

Tarikleesimsek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i have been trying to figure out how this system works. you say 28in long. i found single 20 in round glasspack 2.25 red steel 25.would that work???and does it look like this?
You must be registered for see images

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know.. maybe it is my speakers but I can't hear much of a growl, I went with Super 50 SUV series and it has a nice howl, nothing bothersome, yet very distinguished. All others have drone and inside the cabin you cannot hear yourself thinking, not the case with Super 50.

I had a few drive-by videos that somehow got removed from youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg5QnaCX0jc

I would spend the money on a flowmaster instead of glasspack whatever it is. I think you will have a headache after few months. It looks like a straight tube.

Last edited:

Tarikleesimsek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know.. maybe it is my speakers but I can't hear much of a growl, I went with Super 50 SUV series and it has a nice howl, nothing bothersome, yet very distinguished. All others have drone and inside the cabin you cannot hear yourself thinking, not the case with Super 50.

I had a few drive-by videos that somehow got removed from youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg5QnaCX0jc

I would spend the money on a flowmaster instead of glasspack whatever it is. I think you will have a headache after few months. It looks like a straight tube.

I dont know i ordered glasspack and will install it soon but i also has worries about it. I know i am gonna have problem with it. you cant always switch back to your used exhaust too cuz after some time of not using it, its gonna go bad!!!

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just clamp it to see how well it works, so you can easily switch back if you need to, or you can upgrade to flowmaster. I didn't know the old exhausts could go bad.

Tarikleesimsek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just clamp it to see how well it works, so you can easily switch back if you need to, or you can upgrade to flowmaster. I didn't know the old exhausts could go bad.

Yep they do go bad! That s what my mechanic told me before. He explained why but i forgot so i only know that you cant use it again :)

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Just splice it in
You must be registered for see images attach

I just used bits and pieces from the parts house shelf.

Last edited:

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you get it installed yet? How is the sound?

Latest posts

Members online