Exhaust louder and vibration after skid install.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this past weekend I installed my skid row engine/trans skid and after install I can really hear my exhaust now almost as if I got a new muffler. I realize the skid covers the two cats and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Pretty sure I installed everything correctly I had to drill two holes through cross member and front two bolts lined right up.

You must be registered for see images

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You basically made a sound enclosure and the engine noise has no where to go.

Nice skid though, I like it.

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, didn't feel like anything was wrong just can feel and hear the exhaust more and the engine in the cab. I actually kinda like it, feel more connected to the Jeep lol.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Double-check the crossover pipe right where it curves away from the cat on the driver's side. That's where you may be getting slight contact when the engine torque twists the engine slightly to the left.

If there is about 3/16" of an inch of clearance when the engine is off it could be your getting contact on acceleration and when "blipping" the throttle.

Check it in reverse too. Give it the gas when in reverse and if you feel the vibrations or hear the rattle then you have clearance issues at the crossover.

Let us know...

Bob