exhaust help

Discussion in 'KJ General Discussion' started by dchadjohnson, Sep 10, 2019.

1. dchadjohnson

dchadjohnson Full Access Member

I need some advice about replacement exhaust systems. I know I definitely need a cat-back exhaust replacement...see below:

my muffler has had a hole in it (thanks to a rock on the trail) for ~6 months

[​IMG]

And now the pipe going into the muffler is corroded and falling apart.

[​IMG]

I've also been getting P0138 and P0158 codes even though both downstream O2 sensors were replaced last year. This makes me wonder if the catalytic converters are going out and I should look at doing a full exhaust replacement. You can see from the pictures all the pipes are badly rusted:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

but obviously it takes a lot more $$$ to do full exhaust than just a cat-back system, so I'm trying to figure out best value option. I don't have unlimited funds to throw at my KJ, but I want it to run for the foreseeable future. I just bought replacement front suspension/steering parts, rear suspension parts, and brake kit all around, so again I appreciate any budget-minded options for this exhaust issue.

I saw someone post recently (maybe on @tommudd 's post about cat exhaust systems?) about an eBay option (speed daddy?) but I can't seem to find that in a full exhaust or cat-back option. Thanks everyone.

2. LibertyTC

LibertyTC Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

3. jeeptorino68

jeeptorino68 Full Access Member

MBRP has been awesome. I have the full,stainless system. And it is nice. Good sound