exhaust help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dchadjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need some advice about replacement exhaust systems. I know I definitely need a cat-back exhaust replacement...see below:

my muffler has had a hole in it (thanks to a rock on the trail) for ~6 months

You must be registered for see images attach

And now the pipe going into the muffler is corroded and falling apart.

I've also been getting P0138 and P0158 codes even though both downstream O2 sensors were replaced last year. This makes me wonder if the catalytic converters are going out and I should look at doing a full exhaust replacement. You can see from the pictures all the pipes are badly rusted:

but obviously it takes a lot more $$$ to do full exhaust than just a cat-back system, so I'm trying to figure out best value option. I don't have unlimited funds to throw at my KJ, but I want it to run for the foreseeable future. I just bought replacement front suspension/steering parts, rear suspension parts, and brake kit all around, so again I appreciate any budget-minded options for this exhaust issue.

I saw someone post recently (maybe on @tommudd 's post about cat exhaust systems?) about an eBay option (speed daddy?) but I can't seem to find that in a full exhaust or cat-back option. Thanks everyone.

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MBRP has been awesome. I have the full,stainless system. And it is nice. Good sound