02/03 Drivers side exhaust needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mercdudecbr600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Weird thing, got a nasty exhaust leak at the drivers side v band clamp / catalytic converter area that I finally got around to fixing and (surprise!) after pulling it apart, I realized that the cat v band flange has cracked about 1/2 through. Since I’m in ca, a new carb compliant replacement is spendy. So wondering if anyone has an old or junk early kj cst that I can salvage the flange from. Any help is appreciated!

Robochop

Robochop
Reaction score
Are you referring to the cat to exhaust manifold clamp? Do you have a pic to confirm?

mercdudecbr600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you referring to the cat to exhaust manifold clamp? Do you have a pic to confirm?
No. I'm referring to the flange on the cat itself that the clamp uses to bolt onto the exhaust manifold.

I tried to see if it could be repaired with a weld and that was unfeasible so I bit the bullet and bought a new 50 state legal cat. It wasn't fun installing.

Reactions: JRB