Exhaust and everything

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PunkChachi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I thought I would see what you all think and/or have done. My catalytic converters are shot on my Liberty. Also other parts of my muffler are rusting through and need to be replaced sooner than later. I figure if I'm going to pull things apart to replace the Cat's then I might as well replace other parts before they die and I have to pull it apart again.

I have asked on another post about which Cat's I should buy and Magnaflow was suggested. I was also wondering about the rest of the exhaust, would I see any gains from replacing the headers as well? Either performance or sound wise. I saw JBA made some and have heard some good about them. If not I'm probably going to leave the headers. I also have looked at various mufflers from Cat back to Glass pack. I really don't know the differences except that Cat back is wayyyy more expensive than the glass pack. (from what I found)

Any suggestions or help would be awesome, thanks y'all.
04 Jeep Liberty 3.7L 6cyl

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always go with mopar cat's, second headers will help flow more exhaust, but it will only help if you have a modified intake and throttle body. also for the muffler go with flow master like I did and you will love how your jeep sounds.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JBA used to make shorty headers but they've been discontinued so you'll have to find a set (they're out there). The stock TB flows plenty of air unless you've done head and cam work, where the volume of air required is quite a bit more than stock.

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My cats were good but I replaced from the Y Pipe down with stainless steel. Deleted the third downstream cat and went with a Thrush Welded muffler. I dumped it right before the rear diff and it sounds great with no drone.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
headers will not do much good unless you do a lot of other things, waste of money
as far as cats go MOPAR all the way