EVIC Temp sensor question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sandys07kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read all over a pre 05 EVIC will not display temp in a 05+. Has anyone figured out why? Has anyone tried simply installing a temp sensor for the year EVIC they have?:confused:

I've got an 03 Liberty EVIC I want to put into my 07 Liberty. The 05+ units are very hard to find. If only the temp reading is affected it seems to me the sensor is to blame. Will "rigging in" a 03 temp sensor (blarg) the main computer?

VTNomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Evic

They way its routed through the BCM changed in 05. Give it time, they will start showing up eventually.

One thing I did was search www.car-part.com

I searched with the assumption that I would be more likely to find an EVIC from a Limited model. Car-part does not have a search for overhead console, so I searched for radios with built in CD-changers (I wasn't interested in a changer, but I figured it would increase my odds and narrow down my search) and hoped that I would find a wrecked Liberty sitting somewhere with a CD changer and EVIC. I found one eventually.

Last edited:

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out this thread for details. Basically in the '02-'03 models the temp sensor sent information to the BCM (body control module) and it was then sent to the EVIC. On the '04+ models the temp sensor sends info to the powertrain module, so the EVIC has to look in a different place for the information. Which means if you put a unit from an '05 in an '03 its looking in the wrong place for the temperature info.

Latest posts

Members online