EVIC Selection Question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After reading the how-to's here i definitely want an EVIC in my 03 KJ. I had this in the minivan it's replacing and i miss my MPG, Compass, and Temp display!

The question is, how do i buy an EVIC and avoid getting an EVIC+PSI model? I don't want the thing saying it can't find the sensors all the time like i have read in some posts on here, and i don't want to put all the money into buying tire sensors, although neat its just an added expense.

If i buy an EVIC that came out of a 2003 model year will it be safe to say that it didn't have the PSI feature? Or how would i go about this?

I have the correct BCM to handle it, keyless entry, steering wheel radio controls, fog lights, etc.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also...

The used ones i have found online they list the Trim Code. How would i determine what my trim code is and if it would match?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Also...

The used ones i have found online they list the Trim Code. How would i determine what my trim code is and if it would match?

I believe all the EVIC's are the same color....

The thing is weather you have the sun roof or not...:)

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No sunroof, and there seems to be plenty of those around. I found one yard that has four of them. I found some gray, tan, and even a dark gray one. So there is some variations.

I asked him if the buttons were labeled or if the label was below them, he said some of each, which means they have EVIC's and OTIS's. I just don't know for sure on the EVIC+PSI thing?

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Hey kb ... I can't answer your question definitively, however in my experience it has been nearly impossible to find one with the PSI function ... which is why I still don't have one in my 05.

Belated sympathy re your Deer Hunt

Luke

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'd say few KJ's do have the premium TPMS in the EVIC...so that's plus to your situation.... :)

Latest posts

Members online