EVIC Parts List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deknight

Reaction score
I want to install the EVIC overhead console, and from what I've read these are the parts I need, (Keep in mind I am doing this from scratch):

1. EVIC Console (the actual computer)
2. EVIC Console cover (w/o sunroof switches in my case)
3. Harness to support the EVIC
4. Plug harness for the EVIC
5. Lots of wire
6. Harness for the fuse panel? (Unsure about this one, can anyone explain?)
7. The ampient Temp. Sensor

Did I miss anyting? Thanks for your help!

Boilermaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. EVIC Console (the actual computer)
2. EVIC Console cover (w/o sunroof switches in my case)
3. Harness to support the EVIC
4. Plug harness for the EVIC
If you go the ebay route, #1 and #2 usually come together, and a lot of times so does #4. Having the connector that goes into the evic is very helpful, but i've read where people have modified a floppy drive power connector as a substitute.

What year is your KJ? The temperature sensor was already in my '05, its easy to check. Harness is just a fancy word for a bunch of wires with two connectors at the end. You have to run 4 wires total across the headliner and down thru the drivers side A-pillar, that is your harness...one to the fuse box, one to ground and two to the connector under the right driver's side dash. You can solder these two wires into place. The harness for the fuse panel you are talking about is probably something like this. It called an add-a-circuit, helps for clean installs. You would want the mini size; and you can find them at most good auto parts stores for about 8 dollars.

If your evic has the tpms feature, you may also want to add tire pressure sensors to each wheel. Without it, you'll get a low pressure/missing sensor alert at every start. Unless you score some off ebay, they aren't cheap and you'll need a tire shop to mount them. You also want to make sure your tire sensors work with your evic, for example the '04 and '05 sensors are not interchangable.

You've probably already seen this article linked in how to thread on the evic. Its what i followed to install mine.

deknight

Reaction score
Wow thanks, I have a 2004. I guess I was really worried about what to do at the fuse panel. You really cleared up all my questions, I think this is something I can do, now I just need to gather all the parts.

Boilermaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is one other thing i forgot, may not apply to an '04. I needed to get the retainer that goes inside the headliner (part #5072348AA). It was only about 25 dollars from the dealer. Its easy to see if you have one, just remove your current dome light to see if the black plastic retainer was included with your jeep.

stackthepads30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed an evic in my Jeep as well as my good friend's jeep, and we both have 2004's. The ambient temp sensor is already there, so you don't have to worry about that. The mounting bracket is already there underneath the headliner, so again you don't have to worry about that either. Just remember that you need an evic from an 04 or 05 liberty in order for the temp to display correctly, as previous years won't display the temp because they use a different way of determing temp. Or you can also use an otis console from an 04 or 05 ram or durango (which I had in my jeep for 1/2 year before I was able to score an evic). Also know if you're interested in the tire sensors, that they will not work if you have the steel rims, but will only work with aluminum ones. Any other questions, just feel free and ask.

deknight

Reaction score
Thanks for your help everyone! I checked and I already have the black mounting bracket and the temp. sensor, now all I need to do it wait for the parts to come in the mail. I think I will run the power wire off of the radio instead of through the fuse panel, it shouldnt matter right? Anyway thanks again.

stackthepads30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just remember that you have more than 1 power wire...you have constant on power (for the homelink part of the evic) and fused ignition (that only has power when the ignition is turned on) that powers the rest of the evic. I tapped into a couple wires from the one connector just above the pedals (I was able to connect 3 of the 4 wires to that) and had a solid blue wire that was part of a harness (the connector looked like the evic connector) taped to the steering wheel column behind the panel, which was the fused ignition. However, my buddy's connector was not taped to the panel, but plugged in (he had a sport, I have a Rocky Mountain Edition, so I don't know what the reasoning is).