EVIC on Ebay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To anyone in Europe or Canada who's reading this thread (which made me feel I need an EVIC :D):

Taken from the 'howto install an otis/evic':

This console also has a US/M button. Only OTIS consoles have this button.

EVIC will only give you miles and Fº / imperial. Not Km and Cº / metric....:mad:

Could be wrong, but I thought that it could be switched to metric still? There just isn't a standalone button for it. What do I know though, I don't have one yet ;) Maybe someone on here will chime in...

OldBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He's right. You've got to check e-bay every day at least once a day with the hopes of finding one. I checked at least twice a day (most times more like 8-10 times) for close to two months before I found one. I got lucky because the one I found was up for sale by a non-junkyard seller. This was lucky because it was a buy-it-now auction rather than a traditional auction. It takes time and determination to get one but if you get lucky you can save an ass-load of $$$.

Here's my auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=001&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=110143227022&rd=1

Man, you got a hell of a deal!

BillsCountry

Reaction score
I actually purchased the EVIC on eBay for $211 after reading through all the posts on every KJ board that I could find. It seems like a pretty easy install, so I pulled the trigger. I didn't really expect the auction to go that high, but I really wanted the EVIC.

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually picked up a salvaged EVIC for $46, shipped. Amazing as it was, I've seen them go for less. BTW, there is a setting in the EVIC program menu to change from miles to km if I remember correctly. Just hit the "Menu" button until you see it, and then hit "step" to change units of measure.

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He is talking about pre 04...he has an 03. Good luck finding an 04+ EVIC in a salvage yard period, let alone a yard willing to sell it, or sell it for less than $150. Most times they will start at $200. Not because they know that EVIC is worth a lot, but because they look at it and think it is a computer, it is worth a lot, and charge accordingly. I ran across a few here and there when I was looking for one and bought them up, but those are long gone. A couple people around here got one of those ;)

gramifications

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much does it cost to have a dealer install an EVIC?

I'm not sure but there's a better chance that they'll tell you that it can't be done without buying the correct vehicle wiring harness (the bundle of wires that goes from the very front of vehocle to the very back) and installing it in your Jeep. The harness alone is like $400-600 and thats just for the part. Basically, they'll tell you that it would cost too much and take too much time to do it the way they would want to do it and they probably would feel the way explained on here is too risky.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
What gramifications says is true. (Some) dealers WILL install an EVIC for you, but they will GLADLY sell you a $600+ wiring harness which obviously isn't necessary.

My advice, take the 1-2 hours necessary and do it yourself. Anyone can cut some wires, you just gotta have the right tools and several feet of wire.

Mangate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was pretty happy to get mine with TPMS and the instant MPG (apparently that's rare) for $140. It was from and 02 or 03 Grand Cherokee.