EVIC in an '05 KJ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeepman

Reaction score
I am very interested in installing a EVIC in my KJ, but not sure what ones will work or how to do so. I have seen the installaition in the "how to" section from BluPhant, but there were questions as to weather or not the '05 was different.

I have looked at mine and the contour of the headliner looks different, like the footprint the of the MAP light is bigger. Not sure.

I have seen on other threads that the hookup is as easy as cutting the liner and connecting 4 leads, is that correct?

Also, some suggestions on where to locate the year model EVIC that I would need would be great. I check ebay all the time, but not sure what year or model auto I can use one from. I see a lot of KJers saying that got theirs from a Grand Cherokee?

Any and all info would be great.

THANKS in advance!

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a big long thread on this somewhere, so here are the basics. 04+ need an 04+ EVIC and it MUST come from a KJ or the Temperature sensor will not work. The BCM in the 04+ KJ is different from 02-03 and the WJ went CANBUS from PCI in 04, so it is no longer compatible either. So you need an 04-07 EVIC and there are only 2 kinds. From 05-07 there is just an EVIC with or without Homelink. The Homelink model is 56010520 AD/AE. TPMS is now part of the car itself, so there are no more TPMS EVICs in 05-07. Seems pretty simple...buy an 05-07 KJ EVIC with Homelink :) And it is the same EVIC for all 3 years with the exception of the AE revision number, which did not change anything anyway.

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Again, all of this information is posted several times over here already. I don't know where you're looking but every single aspect of EVICs has been covered.

Jeepman

Reaction score
Again, all of this information is posted several times over here already. I don't know where you're looking but every single aspect of EVICs has been covered.

How bout some links?????(dunno)

Last edited: