EVIC for 2005 Renegade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pixeldzn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to figure out exactly what I would need to install an EVIC. I've read all the threads here and elsewhere and have come up with conflicting information. ](*,)

If I want a fully functional EVIC, temp display and all, do I need to get one from another 2005 or am I still ok with one of the easier to obtain models from an Intrepid or 300m?

The features I am most interested in are the compass and the outside ambient, along with the gas milage display.

Hopefully you guys with more experience can help me out.

Thanks a bunch! #-o

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're kinda on your own with the '05 - we dont have a lot of info yet. Anything prior to 04 would not work w/ temp display for sure. My guess would be that you'd have to get one from another 05 to guarantee all functionality. I'm sure we'll develop a better answer as time goes on, tho.

-Blu

pixeldzn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did the info come from that confirms a change to the temp sensor system?

Also, if I do need one from '05 - does that mean only an '05 lib, or would another '05 DC vehicle qualify as well?

tymewarp

Reaction score
I've installed one in my 05 from a 2002 Grand Cherokee after trying 2 older OTIS modules. The temp does not work and the instant mpg (the reason I purchased the older model) does not work either. I tried the temp with the sensor that comes on the Liberty and with the sensor that came with the EVIC that had a different connector. The install was a total pain in the a$$ because the mount is no longer in the headliner in the new liberty and the Cherokee mount is too narrow to fill the gap between the headliner and the roof. If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't.

palla

Reaction score
Gents,

I will be watching this thread closely, I am in Oz & it is extremely difficult to get an EVIC down here, so if im going to get one it will have to be imported from the US. 05 CRD Sport.

Be a shame to get it down here to find it doesnt have all the functions.

Palla

Latest posts

Members online