Evap Parts Unknown

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beginner

Reaction score
I'm getting a P0455 error code and I noticed a small crack on the hose that runs from the charcoal solenoid to the canister vent valve. Can anyone tell me if thats a specifically fitted hose? And if it has a proper name? I just bought the jeep and so I'm not sure if my terminology is even correct but its the thick hose from the evap canister to the vent valve.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting a P0455 error code and I noticed a small crack on the hose that runs from the charcoal solenoid to the canister vent valve. Can anyone tell me if thats a specifically fitted hose? And if it has a proper name? I just bought the jeep and so I'm not sure if my terminology is even correct but its the thick hose from the evap canister to the vent valve.

(welcome)

I just found a leak in that same hose. Got a 12 inch length of 3/8" fuel hose from the parts store, cut it to length and installed it. All's good now - should work for yours as well.

Let us know what you end up doing :waytogo:

Bob

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the p0456 and i dont know what is that some help?

Oh that's a fun one. Basically there is a small leak somewhere in the EVAP system. Any number of hoses, fittings, or solenoids could have a leak. Short of getting really lucky in a visual inspection and spotting it, you're pretty much stuck taking it somewhere for a 'smoke test'. They basically fill the system with smoke from a smoke machine and look for where it comes out.

If you do start looking for it visually, I'd recommend checking where hoses attach to fittings very closely. My last car had this exact same code and it ended up being a crack around the fitting for the EVAP canister. Not easy to spot, but a new canister fixed it.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Had that on the " new" 03 I just bought, was under her and noticed a hose that was split at the front of the gas tank.
Easy/ cheap fix, one of the things I listed to get the price down at the dealership where I bought it:icon_lol:

Latest posts

Members online