evap leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stfitts

Reaction score
Ok guys me and a buddy were reseating my plugs i replaced after we took the coolant bottle off (ohmigod that is so much easier) tonight, well i can hear everytime i hit the throttle air being sucked. I can't figure it out where from, and everything we took off, we double checked...

When i took the coolant bottle off, i heard a loud sucktion noise when i pulled it off but didnt see anything missing. Is there a hose or something that connects to the bottom of the bottle?

It's everytime i hit the gas, you can hear it sucking, if you hit the gas slowly it isn't anything you can hear but if you get on it you can hear it and feel it in the engine cover box where it says 3.7. It's going to throw a code sooner or later, i would just prefer find it sooner.

stfitts

Reaction score
Well i guess its possible. I dont no how i could have cut anything, but i am sure anything is possible. Any idea's on how to find the bad hose?

2003KJ

Reaction score
stfitts said:
Well i guess its possible. I dont no how i could have cut anything, but i am sure anything is possible. Any idea's on how to find the bad hose?

Pull it back out and double check that everything is OK and install it again. Quite possible something is pinched or kinked.

bohica-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed my plugs about a week ago and was struggling to break torque on the middle passenger side one. As soon as it went, the ratchet handle smacked the plastic "T" fitting on the EGR valve hose and broke it in half. It was really easy to miss. I didn't even see it until I was through with the job and cleaning up.
Of course, I promptly taped it back together and my warranty place has it on order.

I didn't start my Jeep before I taped it up. But I assume it might make some kind of sucking sound if broke....

You might want to check that out......

Tony-

2003KJ

Reaction score
bohica-kj said:
I changed my plugs about a week ago and was struggling to break torque on the middle passenger side one. As soon as it went, the ratchet handle smacked the plastic "T" fitting on the EGR valve hose and broke it in half. It was really easy to miss. I didn't even see it until I was through with the job and cleaning up.
Of course, I promptly taped it back together and my warranty place has it on order.

I didn't start my Jeep before I taped it up. But I assume it might make some kind of sucking sound if broke....

Tony-

That reminds me when I was changing mine I snapped the plastic clear off on the oil dip stick. Those ones in the center are a pain to get off!

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bohica-kj said:

Tony-

Any possibility of getting the Part # for the EGR plastic valve hose that was broken? I snapped mine just a little bit ago while on that side. Thanks for any info!

bohica-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MoladoGuy said:
bohica-kj said:

Tony-

Any possibility of getting the Part # for the EGR plastic valve hose that was broken? I snapped mine just a little bit ago while on that side. Thanks for any info!

Hey Phil,

As soon as my waranty shop gets the part in, they'll call me.

I should be able to get you a part # before they install it.

Tony-