ESP video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Randomly found this video on YouTube. It shows a side by side video of a vehicle running a snow covered slalom with and with out the ESP turned on. At first I thought the Jeep after the Nitro was a new KJ, but then I'm thinking more likely a Commander or Patriot. What do you all think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiZjeeMExY4

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Looks like a patriot, and damn, only if they added ESP to 04 jeeps.. oh well.. since it is the only mid size jeep left with round headlamps..

Did you see this video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5m7NpP7A0s&NR << Why are you hitting lock button twice every time!!!?!? but still weird.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that is very impressive. Next Jeep for sure! I can't wait to drive with it... LOL

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like to throw my "ass" time to time taking corners.. I don't think ESP will let me do that.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
I like to throw my "ass" time to time taking corners.. I don't think ESP will let me do that.

nope, it won't! my '06 has the ESP and the Traction Control. I guess it's comforting knowing it's there but when you get the urge to show your ass and act a fool, it definately won't let you!! you can turn off the ESP but you can't turn off the traction control....oh well

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice JK at the end though...

Won't be taking snow so quickly then :(

But the guy with ESP off does take the course a bit quicker. Not that it should make so much difference...

SavageSS27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dunno, i'm sceptical. Especially if you look at the JK at the end, you can tell he would have made the double lane change, if he straightened out the wheel, as for the pacifica, if they had simply put in a little countersteer, they would have been fine, i'm not saying that it doesn't work, but i think i would have been more impressed if i hadn't seen what seemed to me blatant attempts at messing up the cars w/o the ESP on.

Seanpr123

Reaction score
SavageSS27 said:
I dunno, i'm sceptical. Especially if you look at the JK at the end, you can tell he would have made the double lane change, if he straightened out the wheel, as for the pacifica, if they had simply put in a little countersteer, they would have been fine, i'm not saying that it doesn't work, but i think i would have been more impressed if i hadn't seen what seemed to me blatant attempts at messing up the cars w/o the ESP on.

Yeah noticed a bit of that also. For some people Im sure its a huge help but others do know how to drive in the snow more effectively.

From time to time when I want to have full control over my libby Ill pull the ABS pump fuse from under the hood. Turns off all traction control, abs, esp, you name it.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
You must be registered for see images

Looks like a patriot, and damn, only if they added ESP to 04 jeeps.. oh well.. since it is the only mid size jeep left with round headlamps..

Notice the front wheel drive? ](*,)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Front wheel drive?
aren't these two shots done with a 4x4, one with esp on other with off?

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
Front wheel drive?
aren't these two shots done with a 4x4, one with esp on other with off?

It guess your right, but the one with the ESP disabled really showed a lot of spinning with the front wheels. 8-[

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even though Compass is FWD, there is no point on testing slalom with a FWD drive that is available in 4x4. They might have done it.. Who knows!?

And especially if they did FWD/NO-ESP vs 4x4/ESP that's just wrong. *Then again, it is DC!

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
Even though Compass is FWD, there is no point on testing slalom with a FWD drive that is available in 4x4. They might have done it.. Who knows!?

And especially if they did FWD/NO-ESP vs 4x4/ESP that's just wrong. *Then again, it is DC!

What better way to make the ESP look good. =P~

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say those guys in the vehicles with esp OFF need to learn how to drive. They never turned the wheel the other way and tried to save it. We would all die if we drove like that. :-s

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
I say those guys in the vehicles with esp OFF need to learn how to drive. They never turned the wheel the other way and tried to save it. We would all die if we drove like that. :-s

I see what you mean, he never tries to correct, just lets it keep sliding. He need to turn into the skid. Plus he takes the course a little faster.

ESP does make a difference, but that is exaggerated a bit by poor driving on the ESP off side.