erratic passenger front window.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hadtomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys.

strange problem- my passenger window (front) stopped working. it will go up and down very slowly and sometimes- not move at all.

at first i thought it was bad wiring- or a tired window motor - but then i noticed that if i shut off the engine and re start- it works fine- up and down without a problem. on other occasions it will not work after the kj has been parked for a day or two- maybe...maybe...it will go up and down about an inch, and very slowly....- but after 5 minutes it works fine.

any ideas?

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing worse than an erratic passenger!;)

As far as the front window goes probably a loose wire or wire scraping to chassis somewhere or switches.

Download the 2006 KJ SM PDF (Service Manual) here. Section 8W has the wiring diagrams and there are Theory Of Operation sections that explain how things work......8W-60 shows the wiring for the window switches which may be where your problem lies!;)

www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online