engine light came on today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

musky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got these codes any idea on the misfire the truck drives and runs smooth?
P0300 Multiple Cylinder Mis-fire Misfire detected in multiple cylinders

P0442

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Spark plugs should be changed every 30,000 miles.
With of course NGK coppers
Other things to check
Faulty coil (s )
Faulty oxygen sensor (s)
or the first things I'd start out on
the 0300 is just a generic code
Some will also just tell you to unhook the battery for a while then reattach and see what it does

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Code P0300 is random misfire code and might go away if no specific cylinder was indicated (like P0301, or 0302, etc).

You indicated also code P0442 which is small fuel EVAP leak. This could be the gas cap didn't seat right.

Both of these could be related in that you just got gas and the cap didn't seal right and gas was run low and maybe stirred up something in the tank??? I have seen this happen and it went away after the gas cap was re-seated and a couple of driving cycles later. A driving cycle is ....stone cold engine to normal running temp on the highway back to stone cold. Repeat for three days and you have three driving cycles and see if the light goes out.

You could also reset the codes and see if they come back. As long as the Jeep is running smooth those two codes will not hurt anything.

You could try this first.

Dave

Last edited:

musky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i earesed the code with my reader all change the plugs and wires and see if that helps.

musky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i found the evap leak ,now im going to change plugs and wires.

musky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont know why i keep saying wires..lol just plugs the evap leak was the hose that goes on the side of the box in the front on the passangers side was off.