Electrical issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJ02Ltd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping someone else here has experienced the same issues as I am now and can help.

I just picked up my KJ from shipping (it went from Guam to NJ) and now the stereo won't come on. I noticed it before I left the shipper and pulled the OM to see that it and the power lock switches are on the same fuse. Well, I pulled that fuse and it looks good, but to make sure, I switched it out with my spare and one of the other 10A fuses in the box.

Well, I tried disco'ing the battery to see if the computer would reset, but it didn't help. Now, the power lock switches will work, but only with the Jeep started (I can't even remember if that's the way it worked before, but I think they should work with the Jeep off). The stereo still won't come on, though.

I couldn't get it to throw a code using the key on/off method.

If no one can figure it out here, the dealer will have to try to fix it. I'm not too worried about it, either way. If the dealer has to diagnose it, then the gov't is gonna end up paying for it 'cause it happened in shipping.

I'm hoping that maybe the computer will wake up after driving it for a bit.

ShafferNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I take it there is no power to the stereo at all if you're looking at fuses and such.

The door locks should work regardless of whether the key is in the ignition or not.

It sounds like the BCM may have went south on ya.

Have you tried the stereo with the key in both the run and accessories positions?

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your IOD fuse. These are usually removed prior to shipping so that there aren't any draws on the battery like internal lights, radio, etc. It is in the PDC under the hood. It should have a plastic housing around the fuse. See if it is in the up position.

Latest posts

Members online