Electric Door Mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, gotcha. As in this instance, this woman definitely could have benefited from having "folding mirrors". lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RgWVZWnzj8

p.s., I still haven't caught on to the embedding trick.

Take the part after the "v=" (in your case"7RgWVZWnzj8"; no quotes anywhere) and put it between the YouTube tags. [Y T] [/ Y T] with no spaces. :)

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take the part after the "v=" (in your case"7RgWVZWnzj8"; no quotes anywhere) and put it between the YouTube tags. [Y T] [/ Y T] with no spaces. :)

Thanks, I finally got it to work. But will I remember it tomorrow? :happy175:
Is the linky supposed to be showing next to the video though? And no, it's not redundant in my coding.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Just leave that part off. The YT tags fill that in automatically. The stuff after the v= is the name of that particular video file.

moocowfish

Reaction score
Hey guys, I need to get the glass out of my mirror in one piece, see I have a faulty fold in mirror and managed to pick up a cheap replacement from a wrecker but it had no glass. I am hoping I can get the glass out of my mirror and put it in the new (other) one.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Rob

beachkat

Reaction score
Hey guys, I need to get the glass out of my mirror in one piece, see I have a faulty fold in mirror and managed to pick up a cheap replacement from a wrecker but it had no glass. I am hoping I can get the glass out of my mirror and put it in the new (other) one.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Rob

It clips in - one centre boss and 4 mirror moving clip-in rams.
Use a rigid triangular paint scraper, max tilt mirror up and lever up smartly & firmly from as far in as scraper will go.
To refit line up centre boss and one ram clip then press down above each ram clip.
Mirror is mounted on a base plate so it's fairly robust while it's kept rigid but if you screw up replacements are easily found on fleabay :emotions34:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

moocowfish

Reaction score
Thanks Beachcat, your reply is great, very precise.

Ill take a photo inside the mirror i have, it look different to the photo you posted.

Thanks again

Rob

moocowfish

Reaction score
inside of my mirror

Hi (Beachkat)

Here is the picture i took of the inside of my mirror, looks different to yours

This came of a 05 Model i think, electric folding heated mirror.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Rob

Attachments

• IMG_1783sm.jpg
    IMG_1783sm.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 18

beachkat

Reaction score
folding mirror matching

think u maybe wasted yr dosh unless you can find a baseplate (that the mirror glass mounts on) for the pictured unit
OR maybe try to remove the 4way motor bit from yr old mirror and make it fit into the new mirror?

I've taken apart 4 folding mirrors now and they've all got slightly differing mouldings for the mirror back so you need a matched pairing.

gd luck, it's all a p.i.a frankly ^^

moocowfish

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, beachkat. Yeah i am starting to think that the best way for me to get one good mirror out of the 2 i have is pull them both apart and switch worms drives or what ever is stopping the mirror folding, rather than trying to replace the glass.

Thanks again for all your help. Now the job of trying to get the mirror apart !

beachkat

Reaction score
Now the job of trying to get the mirror apart !

No worries, take it slow, photo each bit b4u take it apart & especially :emotions34: mark the motor casing so that inner flywheel assembly goes back in correctly- i didn't & had to disassemble damn thing twice over

ps If worm gear is worn like mine, I found a mini clockhand puller that will get it off whole (or u can slowly file it off)

moocowfish

Reaction score
Hey beachkat, me again.

So i have undone every screw, star key thing i can find. i also took the round snap cap off and there were 3 star keys (screws) under there so i undid them.

Then i opened the 2 snap clips at the same time, and tried to lever the triangular black plastic area (photo) and it just will not come off. Do you think i have missed something ?

Thanks again.

Rob

Attachments

• IMG_1787.JPG
    IMG_1787.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 17

beachkat

Reaction score
it's slightly tricky but do-able.

1. Get someone to help you by wedging two screwdrivers so that they force the side clips just clear of their small locking tabs.
2. Lever up firmly from the underside of the triangular mounting with a wide blade screwdriver/paint scraper positioned centrally, roughly opposite the large rubber grommet.

Once two sides are free just push from the base of the triangle upward towards the heat sealed apex. It will slowly force it apart.

Once freed you can release the motor shell housing (4 torx screws on base) and then open up the gear housing itself (4 base torx again) but picture everything first!!! ..and deffo clearly mark the 2 gear casings in situ so u can get it back in exactly the right position (especially the black plastic one with 3 indents) or you'll find the mirror housing won't 'mesh' & it won't run once you've painfully reassembled it all (what happened to me first time ^^)

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

moocowfish

Reaction score
Beachkat, that is such a great reply. Thanks so much for helping, I'll give it a go and let you know how I go.

Thanks again

Rob